Mariana Rohlig Sa
Mariana Rohlig Sa  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:20
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 20, 2014

I was just about to finish a project which is due tomorrow at 9am when my laptop suddenly did an automatic backup. Afterwards when I tried to continue the translation I would get the "object reference not set to an instant of an object" error message. I tried deleting the xml files as suggested on the forums. But then I started getting the message:

"The project from ... cannot be loaded: There is an error in XML document (336, 20)."

I tried uninstalling trados and ins
... See more
I was just about to finish a project which is due tomorrow at 9am when my laptop suddenly did an automatic backup. Afterwards when I tried to continue the translation I would get the "object reference not set to an instant of an object" error message. I tried deleting the xml files as suggested on the forums. But then I started getting the message:

"The project from ... cannot be loaded: There is an error in XML document (336, 20)."

I tried uninstalling trados and installing it again. But it won+t let me open Studio at all anymore with the same message for the same project showing, no matter what random project I try to open from my files.

I tried opening the file in Notepad to see if I could find an error (though I am not an XML pro), but I don+t even know where to find line 336 / position 29? I also went into SDL Trados Studio (following the suggested path to change the projects.xml file, but all there is under Projects is the file server.xml.

I need to solve this tonight as the project is due first thing in the morning. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Collapse

Mariana Rohlig Sa
Mariana Rohlig Sa  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:20
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I managed to find the projects.xml file Nov 20, 2014

Mariana Rohlig Sa wrote:

I tried uninstalling trados and installing it again. But it won+t let me open Studio at all anymore with the same message for the same project showing, no matter what random project I try to open from my files.

I tried opening the file in Notepad to see if I could find an error (though I am not an XML pro), but I don+t even know where to find line 336 / position 29? I also went into SDL Trados Studio (following the suggested path to change the projects.xml file, but all there is under Projects is the file server.xml.

I need to solve this tonight as the project is due first thing in the morning. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

It was under STudio 2011 rather than the SDL Trados Studio folder. Deleting the file solved the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

xml error message - cannot open trados studio 2011 at all

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »