Cannot download SP2 - does not show up unter My Account
Thread poster: Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert
Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert
Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:24
English to German
Nov 22, 2014

When I press the button "My Account," and then "Downloads", the "Latest" contain ancient Trados downloads beginning with 2003, and "Archived" contains the newer ones, and when I klick on SP 2 in the latter, I am getting the SP1 file from April which I downloaded then.

There seems to be no way to get to the download. Any idea what is wrong?

Thank you very much!

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 22:24
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Log a case with SDL Nov 22, 2014

I think that the best way would be to log a case with SDL and they will sort this out.
To do that:
SDL Support wrote:

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul

United States
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Not successful Nov 22, 2014

Thank you, Paul, but after reading an amazingly useless article under Solution Finder (explaining to me how to download the software, even though the question is what to do if it is invisible under My Account), there was no form.

Pressing the Support button, I was informed that I only could go to this Forum, except if I had a Support Plan, and I am certainly not going to spend hundred of USD on something that should work free of charge. So Trados has now cut off its faithful users f
... See more
Thank you, Paul, but after reading an amazingly useless article under Solution Finder (explaining to me how to download the software, even though the question is what to do if it is invisible under My Account), there was no form.

Pressing the Support button, I was informed that I only could go to this Forum, except if I had a Support Plan, and I am certainly not going to spend hundred of USD on something that should work free of charge. So Trados has now cut off its faithful users from any free support on their website.

But thanks again for your efforts.
Collapse

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 22:24
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Try this Nov 22, 2014

Have you recreated the above steps exactly as they appear? If you chose another problem category you may indeed have ended up in a "dead-end".

I just tried it now and it worked. Try this direct link to the form.

United States
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Shai. Nov 22, 2014

Thank you very much, Shai. The Link worked, and I submitted the request.

Best regards,

Christiane

Dr. Christiane E. Bohnert, CT (ATA) ENG-GER / SGÜEN
Financial and Legal Translator

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:24
English
Maybe I can save you some time Nov 22, 2014

Hi Christiane,

I just logged into your account and can see your download. Try doing this:

1. Click on Downloads
  2. The default filter says All Products (so you have a lot as you've been with us a long time!)
  3. Type Ctrl+F to bring up your browser search
  4. Type Studio and hit return
  5. The very first hit is the SP2 installer
    ... See more
Hi Christiane,

I just logged into your account and can see your download. Try doing this:

1. Click on Downloads
  2. The default filter says All Products (so you have a lot as you've been with us a long time!)
  3. Type Ctrl+F to bring up your browser search
  4. Type Studio and hit return
  5. The very first hit is the SP2 installer

1. Alternatively use the filter to select "Upgrade from SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus to SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance plus"
  2. This brings SP2 directly to the top

Hope this helps.

You also never need a support contract for this kind of thing. You can use the Solution Finder, use the online chat (during week days only), go into the Studio User Community with your MySDL credentials (best to use the Chrome browser for this) or just shout in ProZ or any other forum as we try to pay attention in as many places as we can!

Regards

Paul
Collapse

United States
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, SDL Support Nov 23, 2014

Dear SDL Support Team,

thank you for your helpful response. It worked very well.

Best regards,

Christiane

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot download SP2 - does not show up unter My Account

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »