Studio 2014: source and target languages are in the same column
Thread poster: Céline Poulin
Céline Poulin
Céline Poulin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:15
English to French
Nov 26, 2014

It all started when I accepted to edit a project I did not know was translated in MemSource. My client converted the file in a .docx file. Could not open it with Studio which does not like Word 2010. I converted the .docx into a .doc (Word 2007). Studio accepted to open the file but, but...everything ended up in the left (source) column, both English and French.

What went wrong where in the process and how can I fix that?

Thank you so much for helping me, somebody!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:15
English
Word files Nov 26, 2014

Hi Céline,

Studio can handle Word 2010 files so this cannot be the problem.

I have no idea what kind of file you really have but unless the file is the old fashioned Bilingual Word file that was used by Trados and still is by Wordfast then it will be considered a monolingual file and everything in it will be seen as source text. This is what it sounds like to me.

If you are allowed to share the file, the original DOCX preferably, then I'll happily take a
... See more
Hi Céline,

Studio can handle Word 2010 files so this cannot be the problem.

I have no idea what kind of file you really have but unless the file is the old fashioned Bilingual Word file that was used by Trados and still is by Wordfast then it will be considered a monolingual file and everything in it will be seen as source text. This is what it sounds like to me.

If you are allowed to share the file, the original DOCX preferably, then I'll happily take a look and see if we can help you figure this out?

Kind regards

Paul
[email protected]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: source and target languages are in the same column

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »