Studio 2011: Confirm and Move to Next Unconfirmed Segment – Very slow!
Thread poster: Hamza Foziljonov
Hamza Foziljonov
Hamza Foziljonov  Identity Verified
Uzbekistan
Local time: 10:01
Member (2014)
English to Uzbek
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Nov 27, 2014

Hi,

I am new to SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2. I am working on a file with 9 800 words and 6 800 segments. When I press Ctrl+Enter in order to Confirm and Move to Next Unconfirmed Segment, the cursor is changing to circle and it takes ages to move to the next segment. And the Studio is not responding.

I don’t have any antivirus program on my laptop. I have 4 GB RAM, Windows 7 32-bit, 2,3 GHz CPU (4 CPUs), Core i5-2410M processor.

I have disabled Auto-propaga
... See more
Hi,

I am new to SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2. I am working on a file with 9 800 words and 6 800 segments. When I press Ctrl+Enter in order to Confirm and Move to Next Unconfirmed Segment, the cursor is changing to circle and it takes ages to move to the next segment. And the Studio is not responding.

I don’t have any antivirus program on my laptop. I have 4 GB RAM, Windows 7 32-bit, 2,3 GHz CPU (4 CPUs), Core i5-2410M processor.

I have disabled Auto-propagation and AutoSuggest. Can you please how to handle this situation?

Thank you beforehand.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:01
English
Please review this KB article Nov 27, 2014

Hi,

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4437&source=article&c=12&cid=23

Note that whilst the article itself does refer to AV it also offers more suggestions for why this problem occurs including links to a couple of other articles which might be relevant.

If you are still unable to resolve this after reviewing these articles
... See more
Hi,

Note that whilst the article itself does refer to AV it also offers more suggestions for why this problem occurs including links to a couple of other articles which might be relevant.

If you are still unable to resolve this after reviewing these articles then please log a support case.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Hamza Foziljonov
Uzbekistan
Member (2014)
English to Uzbek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
No result, again slow Nov 29, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

Hi,

If you are still unable to resolve this after reviewing these articles then please log a support case.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul

I have tried all suggested actions. Unfortunately, none of them helped. I don’t know what’s the problem. Mybe, it is due to large amount of strings. As I guess, SDl Trados Studio is checking all remaining strings and applying mathes after I press Ctrl+Enter.

Scott Spellerberg (X)
Scott Spellerberg (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 06:01
Swedish to English
+ ...
Could it be a memory issue? Dec 1, 2014

How well does your other software work? Is it only Trados that is slow? Sometimes a computer really slows down if it has not had a clean up of surplus crap and if the hard disk is almost full.

I've had this problem too once, and am going nuts trying to remember what caused it.

Way off the point: I was in Uzbekistan this autumn and fell in love with the country's classical folk musik. Wow! Great stuff.

Hamza Foziljonov
Uzbekistan
Member (2014)
English to Uzbek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Decided to use WorldServer Desktop Workbench Dec 1, 2014

Scott Spellerberg wrote:

How well does your other software work? Is it only Trados that is slow? Sometimes a computer really slows down if it has not had a clean up of surplus crap and if the hard disk is almost full.

I've had this problem too once, and am going nuts trying to remember what caused it.

Way off the point: I was in Uzbekistan this autumn and fell in love with the country's classical folk musik. Wow! Great stuff.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your answer. I often clean my laptop’s memory using CCleaner or Clean Master for PC. As for the storage, I don’t have problem with it. I am just wondering that Studio 2011 is working fine with other projects.

As the source file was created on WorldServer, I decided to use WorldServer Desktop Workbench for this project. Now everyhting is going fine except the poor interface of Desktop Workbench.

P.S. Thank you for you warm words about Uzbekistan. Let me know if you visit Uzbekistan next time.

Sincerely,
Hamza

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: Confirm and Move to Next Unconfirmed Segment – Very slow!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »