Andrey Korobeinikov
Andrey Korobeinikov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:36
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 28, 2014

Hi,

I have been running SDL Studio 2014 SP2 for a while. It looked great without Java. But now that I have to add new entries to my glossary it just won't let me do it.
The story is as follows. I had created a Mututerm base in Multiterm 2014 SP1, then I had a large project so I thought it would be fine to extract terms first since several linguits are working on that. So I ran Multitern Extract 2011 (do not have 2014 version yet) and pulled the terms and loaded them to my exi
... See more
Hi,

I have been running SDL Studio 2014 SP2 for a while. It looked great without Java. But now that I have to add new entries to my glossary it just won't let me do it.
The story is as follows. I had created a Mututerm base in Multiterm 2014 SP1, then I had a large project so I thought it would be fine to extract terms first since several linguits are working on that. So I ran Multitern Extract 2011 (do not have 2014 version yet) and pulled the terms and loaded them to my existing termbase created with Multiterm 2014 SP1.
Adding to the same glossary worked fine on the similar previous project however now that I tried to add new entries I can't do it. The message Studio comes up with is Multiterm is unable to add the entry. Closing the application (Studio), rebooting my compluter and upgrading Multiterm to SP2 did not help. When trying to add the entry the application (Studio) either freezes or give this message.

Please help
Collapse

Andrey Korobeinikov
Andrey Korobeinikov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:36
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New termbase works Nov 28, 2014

Just created another termbase and added a new term. It works. So there must be something related to Multiterm Extract 2011. Still something has to be done about it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2014 SP2 Unable to add the entry

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »