Marzia Migliorini
Marzia Migliorini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:27
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 10, 2014

Hi,
I have a problem with Trados Studio 2014.
I purchased a Trados Studio 2014 Freelance Plus license, but when I try to open a document, the error message is: Value was either too large or too small for Int16. The page PRODUCT ACTIVATION says SDL TRADOS STUDIO 2014 BIGBIRD, and I cannot deactivate the license. I tried to install it on another computer, and it works. How can I uninstall the license on the other computer and install it on my computer?
Thank you!
Marzia... See more
Hi,
I have a problem with Trados Studio 2014.
I purchased a Trados Studio 2014 Freelance Plus license, but when I try to open a document, the error message is: Value was either too large or too small for Int16. The page PRODUCT ACTIVATION says SDL TRADOS STUDIO 2014 BIGBIRD, and I cannot deactivate the license. I tried to install it on another computer, and it works. How can I uninstall the license on the other computer and install it on my computer?
Thank you!
Marzia

[Modificato alle 2014-12-10 20:16 GMT]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Please see Dec 10, 2014

http://www.proz.com/post/2371496#2371496
and
http://www.proz.com/post/2368760#2368760

Marzia Migliorini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
BIGBIRD deactivation Dec 10, 2014

Unfortunately these solutions can't to solve my problem...I'm not able to deactivate the BIGBIRD license (beginning with 6139737...)

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:27
English to Arabic
Big Bird Deactivation Dec 11, 2014

Hi Marzia,

It appears that you may have mistakenly used a code for either Studio 2011 or 2014 that has not originated from your official SDL My Account

Please take a look at the following knowledge base article-

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:6123

As I can see from your account you recently ordered a Studio 2014 Freelance
... See more
Hi Marzia,

It appears that you may have mistakenly used a code for either Studio 2011 or 2014 that has not originated from your official SDL My Account

Please take a look at the following knowledge base article-

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:6123

As I can see from your account you recently ordered a Studio 2014 Freelance license.
Please note that your PLUS license allows the installation and activation on up to TWO machines at any one time using the code that you can find in your SDL My Account.
All valid/official Studio 2014 licence activation codes begin with 151....
and this code is available only via your SDL personal account (licenses) and is unique to your purchase.
'Big Bird' and codes beginning with 613.... are NOT provided by SDL and will not activate official SDL Studio 2014 software.

Please feel free to email me direct if you have any further questions.

Kind regards

Steve

[Edited at 2014-12-11 11:33 GMT]
Collapse

Marzia Migliorini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bigbird Dec 11, 2014

Do you think that the problem can be solved by formatting the system? Or I have to buy a new computer?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Resolving the problem Dec 11, 2014

Hi Marzia,

As we have discussed already, the solution provided should resolve this and we can arrange for a support engineer to help you with this. But if you should decide to reformat your hard drive this may well do the trick as well.

Let me know if you would like some help?

Thanks

Paul

O_lek (X)
O_lek (X)
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Same problem here, nothing works. Apr 8, 2015

I've got a new Trados Professional 2014 license, however I cannot activate it because there seems to be this BigBird thing installed somewhere in my virtual machine (mac user) and I am unable to deactivate it. No KB solutions work.

Katharina Tomenendal (X)
Katharina Tomenendal (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Same problem with my student license Apr 26, 2015

When I installed Trados Studio 2014, I didn't have to enter the activation code I got from my teacher. I can open Trados but I can't open files in Trados (Error: Value was either too large or too small for Int16). The Page "Product Activation" says BigBird. I can't deactivate this license as I don't have an activation code - when I click on "Show activation code" it says "The activation code used on this machine is: ". No activation code is shown - no activation code to deactivate.

... See more
When I installed Trados Studio 2014, I didn't have to enter the activation code I got from my teacher. I can open Trados but I can't open files in Trados (Error: Value was either too large or too small for Int16). The Page "Product Activation" says BigBird. I can't deactivate this license as I don't have an activation code - when I click on "Show activation code" it says "The activation code used on this machine is: ". No activation code is shown - no activation code to deactivate.

I formatted my hard drive - still the same problem.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you,
Katharina
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Value was either too large or too small for Int16_TRADOS 2014

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »