Khaled El Qaisi
Khaled El Qaisi
Italy
Local time: 15:23
Arabic to Italian
+ ...
Dec 18, 2014

Hello,

I've been experiencing a problem related to the fact that I've activated my Studio 2014 SP2 with a wrong license number.

I've been trying to follow these steps:
... See more
Hello,

I've been experiencing a problem related to the fact that I've activated my Studio 2014 SP2 with a wrong license number.

I've been trying to follow these steps:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/277948-trados_2014_sp2_error_value_was_either_too_large_or_too_small_for_int16-page3.html#2368760

It seems like the solution is deactivating Trados and then reactivating it with the right license code.

The problem is that I'm not being able to deactivate Trados, since an error dialogue comes up saying:

"Offline deactivation failed.
Cannot deactivate license. - Invalid activation code
(Support reference InvalidLicenseNumber -20)
Invalid activation code
(Support reference InvalidLicenseNumber -20)"

I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2014 Plus (Freelancer) on a machine running Windows 7 (64bits).

Thank you in advance,
Khaled
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Just a note... Dec 18, 2014

... to save anyone from SDL wasting time on this one. I have emailed you directly as you also emailed me. So please follow the instructions I sent, or contact support as described if this doesn't work.

Regards

Paul

Khaled El Qaisi
Khaled El Qaisi
Italy
Arabic to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Dec 18, 2014

I've been answered by the SDL Support team and I've solved the problem following their instructions.

Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error "Offline deactivation failed"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »