Maria Paz Olivares Seminario
Mexico
Local time: 07:59
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 22, 2015

Hi! I need help! This is my fisrt time with Trados 2014 (although I´ve been using 2007 and 2009 versions for many years)
I received a package to translate, everything works fine but the spell check does not work (it is disable), it says something like "Lenguage not compatible". Please help!
I am translating from English US to Spanish US.
Thanks

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:59
French to German
+ ...
Which spellchecker did you configure? Jan 23, 2015

Which spell checker are you using? Hunspell or Microsoft Office?

It may be that the integrated Hunspell checker does not cover your languages.

Go to File - Options - Editor - Spellchecker and check that you have selected "Microsoft Office" (assuming obviously that you have Microsoft Office installed on your PC). This might solve your problem.

Walter

Mexico
Local time: 07:59
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 27, 2015

Walter, thanks for your response! Unfortunately that did not work. I wa. using Hunspell and changed to Microsoft word
HELP!
Best regards

Gfarley
Gfarley
Norway
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
+ ...
Trados keeps changing Active Spell Checker from MS Word back to Hunspell Feb 19, 2015

My problem is a bit different but meets the general topic title. I prefer to use the MS Word spell checker because of its custom dictionary and exclusion dictionary (I don't even know if Hunspell has these features.) My problem is that Trados keeps changing the active spell checker back to Hunspell. How can I stop this? I'll even disable Hunspell if I need to.

Gfarley
Gfarley
Norway
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
+ ...
Trados keeps changing Active Spell Checker from MS Word back to Hunspell Apr 29, 2015

I still have this problem and it is a time waster - could someone at SDL please answer this? Thanks.

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Spel checker Apr 29, 2015

Which spell checker?

For the Dutch language it always has been a disaster (Word or do I know which checker) since Studio 2009.

Already had a forum about this topic, ... only in Dutch.

Anyhow, nothing has changed, it is still bad!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell Check in Trados 2014

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »