Review projects (Studio 2014): tracks changes alter font type and size in target file
Thread poster: Catarina Lopes
Catarina Lopes
Catarina Lopes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:43
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 24, 2015

Good morning, everyone.

First of all, I apologise for posting the same question twice, but I really need your help with this.

I have just started having this problem with track changes on review projects:

When I generate the target file in Word to send to the client, the text that has been changed (and also the text after that, until the end of the TU) shows a different font type and size. I’m quite new to Studio but this has never happened before.
... See more
Good morning, everyone.

First of all, I apologise for posting the same question twice, but I really need your help with this.

I have just started having this problem with track changes on review projects:

When I generate the target file in Word to send to the client, the text that has been changed (and also the text after that, until the end of the TU) shows a different font type and size. I’m quite new to Studio but this has never happened before.

I tried everything I can think of: I checked the review settings, I reset settings to default, I tried it with review packages or simple projects, but the problem persists.

The only way around this is to manually change the text in word, which is very time consuming.

I really would appreciate if anyone could help me.

Thank you!

Catarina

[Edited at 2015-01-24 14:01 GMT]
Collapse

Catarina Lopes
Portugal
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Office 365 Jan 24, 2015

I recently changed to Office 365 (Click-to-run installation) and I know it does not support all features in Studio.

Could it be some sort of incompatibility?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:43
English
Perhaps... Jan 24, 2015

... press Ctrl+Shift+H when you are in the editing view and this may show some formatting tags that you are not placing into the target segment.

If that doesn't help, and if you can share one of the offending files, I'd be happy to take a look?

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Catarina Lopes
Portugal
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Paul! Jan 25, 2015

I've just sent you an email.

Have a good Sunday.

Catarina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Review projects (Studio 2014): tracks changes alter font type and size in target file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »