Uniform font and size in Translation Window
Thread poster: Ben Senior
Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:38
German to English
Jan 25, 2015

I have a document which has different fonts and different sizes. Is there a way that I always see in the Translation Window text in the same font, say arial, and always in the same size, say 12pt. In the original some text is 72pt and other 8pt which makes life difficult when working. I'm using SDL Studio 2014 Freelance.

Ben

[Edited at 2015-01-25 15:17 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Font adaptation Jan 25, 2015

Ben Senior wrote:

Is there a way that I always see in the Translation Window text in the same font, say arial, and always in the same size, say 12pt.

Yep, check out this blog post for full details:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/09/13/zoom-font-display/

Ben Senior
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Size and font not uniform Jan 25, 2015

Hi Emma,

Thanks for the link, which I've looked at. In my Options>Editor>Font Adaptation I have, because of the resolution of the monitor, the minimum / maximum for both source and target set to 18, but some font is still very large and others are very small. Some text displays in courier, other in arial and other in calibri. I thought I'd seen something somewhere that allowed the text to be displayed at a uniform size and in a uniform font, but after lots of searching I just gave u
... See more
Hi Emma,

Thanks for the link, which I've looked at. In my Options>Editor>Font Adaptation I have, because of the resolution of the monitor, the minimum / maximum for both source and target set to 18, but some font is still very large and others are very small. Some text displays in courier, other in arial and other in calibri. I thought I'd seen something somewhere that allowed the text to be displayed at a uniform size and in a uniform font, but after lots of searching I just gave up.

Ben
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Two more suggestions Jan 25, 2015

Hmm...

First, make sure that in "Options>Editor>Font Adaptation" you have ticked the box "Adapt font sizes" (otherwise your 18pt setting won't take effect).

Second, in Options>Editor, got to Formatting Display Style and select "Show all tags but do not show formatting".

Ben Senior
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Bingo Jan 25, 2015

Thanks Emma, your second suggestion sorted it all out. As you said I selected "Show all tags but do not show formatting" and it now has arial as the display font and all in a standard font size.

Once again many thanks,
Ben

Emma Goldsmith
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Great! Jan 25, 2015

Ben Senior wrote:

Thanks Emma, your second suggestion sorted it all out.

Great! I've just updated my blog post with this tip!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Uniform font and size in Translation Window

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »