Trados Studio 2014: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture
Thread poster: Jenny Cowd
Jenny Cowd
Jenny Cowd  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:59
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 26, 2015

Trados Studio 2014: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or the neutral culture) on disk. baseName: Sdl.LCStudioIntegration.Common.plugin locationInfor: >null> fileName: Sdl.LCStudioIntegration.Common.plugin.resources

HELP PLEASE!!
I need to finish a large project and Studio won't open. It gives me the above error message. I installed SP2 on Friday before finishing work.....

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:59
French to German
+ ...
Probably something went wrong with your installation Jan 26, 2015

Jenny

The error message indicates that Studio can't find some required components on your hard disk. Probably your installation didn't run successfully. I suggest that you redo the installation or run a repair, this should solve the problem.

Walter

Beemoss
Beemoss
Canada
Same issue Jul 12, 2015

Hi,
I am running into the same issue after installing the update from SP1 to SP2 and I wondered how you finally dealt with it. And of course, this is always right in the middle of an urgent project
Thank you for you reply!
Bénédicte

Beemoss
Beemoss
Canada
Resolved Jul 12, 2015

Hi,
I finally follow the following instructyions and it worked fine. I will ha to remember to repair the programs regularly.
Have a great Sunday!

MAINTAINING YOUR INSTALLATION
You can repair or remove your SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2 installation at any time.
Repairing your SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2 Installation
Use the repair feature to repair or restore missing files or registry entries in your installation.
To repair your installation:
... See more
Hi,
I finally follow the following instructyions and it worked fine. I will ha to remember to repair the programs regularly.
Have a great Sunday!

MAINTAINING YOUR INSTALLATION
You can repair or remove your SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2 installation at any time.
Repairing your SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2 Installation
Use the repair feature to repair or restore missing files or registry entries in your installation.
To repair your installation:
1 From the Start menu on your computer, select Control Panel.
2 In the Control Panel, select Programs> Uninstall a Program.
3 Select SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2 from the list of programs and click Repair. This starts the
Windows Installer which runs the repair process.
4 When the process is complete, click Finish.
5 Repeat for MT Core and Trados Studio Compatibility if applicable.
Collapse

Jenny Cowd
Jenny Cowd  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:59
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Uninstall Jul 13, 2015

Glad you managed to sort it out. In the end I just uninstalled SP2 and am still going with SP1 which works fine.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »