Studio 2011 Provider failure
Thread poster: Diane Piper
Diane Piper
Diane Piper  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:46
German to English
Jan 27, 2015

Dear Colleagues

I have just tried to open Studio 2011 both from the desktop and from a file I translated without any problems yesterday evening and in each case I received the error message: Provider Failed.
So I switched my system off and back on again and got the same message again. The only action I took last night after backing up was to upgrade Java following a notification.

I phoned a colleague who has never seen it before. I also followed the SDL advice in
... See more
Dear Colleagues

I have just tried to open Studio 2011 both from the desktop and from a file I translated without any problems yesterday evening and in each case I received the error message: Provider Failed.
So I switched my system off and back on again and got the same message again. The only action I took last night after backing up was to upgrade Java following a notification.

I phoned a colleague who has never seen it before. I also followed the SDL advice in KB4576 - Solution 1 couldn't help as the Start option in the Event Log, etc., was greyed out and Solution 2 does not appear to apply to Windows 8.1.

I would be immensely grateful for any advice you can give.

Thanks v much
Diane Piper
Collapse

Diane Piper
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Withdraw question Jan 27, 2015

I'm withdrawing this question, as my IT bloke has sorted me out and it's down to fake Adobe, Java and so on upgrade notifications which are currently rife to profit from impressions. They also put a heap of bad stuff on your system. Beware!

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:46
French to German
+ ...
Just to let you know that you won't need Java anymore ... Jan 27, 2015

... after you upgrade to Studio 2014 SP2.

I immediately suspected your problem had been caused by the Java update you launched at the end of your day.

This is why - in case you don't know it - I inform you that these annoying Java-related problems are a thing of the past since SP2 of Studio 2014 because Studio does not require Java anymore.

Thanks SDL!

Walter

Diane Piper
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Jan 27, 2015

Walter. That's useful to know. We're all a lot wiser now... Happy translating!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 Provider failure

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »