Studio 2014: error Service 'SDL Translation Studio Api. Project Management...' could not be started
Thread poster: Richard Stephen
Richard Stephen
Richard Stephen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:42
Member (2008)
German to English
Jan 28, 2015

I get the following error message when I try to start Studio 2014:
Service 'SDL Translation Studio Api. Project Management / Project Management Service' could not be started
I have tried reinstalling several times to no avail. This is running on Win 8.1.
Any suggestions?

LCW
LCW
United States
Local time: 13:42
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same error Feb 17, 2015

Hello Richard, did you fix this problem? We just run on the same error and the fix provided by SDL forums is not working. I can't find the file they say we should delete: Delete the file entitled Sdl.Enterprise.ServerConnectionManager.xml. I am running Win 7 and I should be able to see any "hidden" files.
Thank you for any tip you can provide us with. Maria.

Richard Stephen
Richard Stephen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:42
Member (2008)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem was OS Feb 18, 2015

I discovered later this was an OS error. Had nothing specifically to do with Studio 2014. But I had so many other problems with Win. 8.1 that I went back to 7, which I always liked anyway. It was just that my old OS had become so corrupted in the course of time and since I had installed a new mother board and had to reinstall the OS anyway, thought I'd upgrade to 8. Bad idea. Can't recommend it at all. So spent a whole day reinstalling Win. 7.

[Edited at 2015-02-18 16:05 GMT]

LCW
LCW
United States
Local time: 13:42
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you for responding Feb 18, 2015

I see. Well, I am running Win 7 so probably is a Studio problem. I posted a new post to see if Sdl support responds.
Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: error Service 'SDL Translation Studio Api. Project Management...' could not be started

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »