Studio 2014: error Service 'SDL Translation Studio Api. Project Management...' could not be started
Thread poster: Richard Stephen
Richard Stephen
Richard Stephen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:15
Member (2008)
German to English
Jan 28, 2015

I get the following error message when I try to start Studio 2014:
Service 'SDL Translation Studio Api. Project Management / Project Management Service' could not be started
I have tried reinstalling several times to no avail. This is running on Win 8.1.
Any suggestions?

LCW
LCW
United States
Local time: 09:15
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same error Feb 17, 2015

Hello Richard, did you fix this problem? We just run on the same error and the fix provided by SDL forums is not working. I can't find the file they say we should delete: Delete the file entitled Sdl.Enterprise.ServerConnectionManager.xml. I am running Win 7 and I should be able to see any "hidden" files.
Thank you for any tip you can provide us with. Maria.

Richard Stephen
Richard Stephen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:15
Member (2008)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem was OS Feb 18, 2015

I discovered later this was an OS error. Had nothing specifically to do with Studio 2014. But I had so many other problems with Win. 8.1 that I went back to 7, which I always liked anyway. It was just that my old OS had become so corrupted in the course of time and since I had installed a new mother board and had to reinstall the OS anyway, thought I'd upgrade to 8. Bad idea. Can't recommend it at all. So spent a whole day reinstalling Win. 7.

[Edited at 2015-02-18 16:05 GMT]

LCW
LCW
United States
Local time: 09:15
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you for responding Feb 18, 2015

I see. Well, I am running Win 7 so probably is a Studio problem. I posted a new post to see if Sdl support responds.
Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: error Service 'SDL Translation Studio Api. Project Management...' could not be started

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »