Thread poster: Marcus Geibel
Marcus Geibel
Marcus Geibel
Germany
Local time: 22:46
English to German
Jan 29, 2015

Dear colleagues,

I was wondering wether anybody could help me with the following.

I'm doing a project in Tag Editor 2007, and I have a ttx file English to German that a colleague sent me. I opened my project TM in Workbench, then tried to open the ttx in Tag Editor. While the file opens, a message appears: ""im geöffneten Translation Memory sind andere Sprachen als im Dokument eingestellt" - stating that the language pairs set in the TM and in the ttx do not match and
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I was wondering wether anybody could help me with the following.

I'm doing a project in Tag Editor 2007, and I have a ttx file English to German that a colleague sent me. I opened my project TM in Workbench, then tried to open the ttx in Tag Editor. While the file opens, a message appears: ""im geöffneten Translation Memory sind andere Sprachen als im Dokument eingestellt" - stating that the language pairs set in the TM and in the ttx do not match and that no communication with Workbench will go on.

Is there a way you could tell me how to quickly solve this mismatch and set the ttx to the same language pair as my TM? I cannot reach my colleague for he's off travelling....

Many thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Have a good day
Marcus
Collapse

Vocabulum
Vocabulum
Hello Jan 29, 2015

You want to open your TTX file in Notepad, and then search for sg like this:

O-Encoding="windows-1252" SettingsName="" SettingsPath="" SourceLanguage="EN-US" TargetLanguage="HR" TargetDefaultFont="Arial CE"

You need to edit this file to match the setting to that of the TM. Once done in Notepad, just save the file there.

I hope this helps

Voc

Nelli Chernitska
Nelli Chernitska  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:46
German to Russian
+ ...
Suchen nach Datei und editieren Jan 29, 2015

SourceLanguage... in mehreren Stellen

Marcus Geibel
Marcus Geibel
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 29, 2015

@ vocabulum:
Hi Voc,
that did the trick, thanks a lot.

@Nelli
I didn't try your's, as Voc's Didi it, but thanks a lot also for willing to help.

@ both: Much appreciated!

Enjoy your day, best
Marcus

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Tag Editor - TM language mismatch - no Workbench communication

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »