Thread poster: Jacques DP
Jacques DP
Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 10:13
English to French
Feb 28, 2015

Hi everyone,

I have a client for which jobs are made available on their WorldServer platform, and I export them as Studio packages, work on them and import them back in the online platform.

It works fine except for a strange behaviour at the word processing level, in Studio (2014 SP2).

I am not yet able to describe exactly the behaviour in all its manifestations, but a primary symptom is the following.

When I start to enter the translation for
... See more
Hi everyone,

I have a client for which jobs are made available on their WorldServer platform, and I export them as Studio packages, work on them and import them back in the online platform.

It works fine except for a strange behaviour at the word processing level, in Studio (2014 SP2).

I am not yet able to describe exactly the behaviour in all its manifestations, but a primary symptom is the following.

When I start to enter the translation for a segment with no match, while I type the cursor goes at the 2nd position (just after the 1st character) and stays there blinking, instead of following the point of insertion that moves while I type.

OTHER OBSERVATIONS:

If I stop typing and hit End to get the cursor at the end of the line, I get the beep which suggests that Studio thinks it is already at the end of the line. In fact if I hit Backspace at this point, the last character is erased and the cursor now shows at the correct place.

Now if I hit Home, and then End again, the cursor doesn't go to the last position, but to the penultimate position, so that I cannot delete the last character entered. (If I type Delete, it beeps, and the last character is still there.)

Last observation: If before to start translating I do an Alt-Delete (to delete the target segment, though it's already empty), then none of the symptoms show. I'm not yet sure about problems on segments with matches.

Any idea of what could be going on? (I'll be happy to do any reasonable test you want me to do to understand the situation better.)

Thank you.

[Edited at 2015-02-28 15:49 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word processing issues in Studio 2014 SP2 on exported WorldServer packages

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »