Diego Soto de Lucas
Diego Soto de Lucas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 2, 2015

Hello everyone!

I'm a user of Trados 2014. Some weeks ago I got an unofficial license of Trados Studio 2014 (I know it's my fault, and I'm sorry ) to test the program but I remembered that I had one official license from my subscription to ProZ. When I was trying to use my official SDL Trados Studio 2014 Starter license it was erased from my account. Appart from that I formatted my computer to try to buy a new license
... See more
Hello everyone!

I'm a user of Trados 2014. Some weeks ago I got an unofficial license of Trados Studio 2014 (I know it's my fault, and I'm sorry ) to test the program but I remembered that I had one official license from my subscription to ProZ. When I was trying to use my official SDL Trados Studio 2014 Starter license it was erased from my account. Appart from that I formatted my computer to try to buy a new license from the trial version but it still says I have a a BigBird License and I can't deactivate this (I don't have the activation code). So finally I decided to buy an official SDL Trados Studio 2014 Starter License (I paid for it), I've got it waiting in my SDL account but I'm afraid to use it because it may be erased again... May I have some help, please? Sorry for the inconvenience, I know I made a mistake, but I'm trying to fix it the good way.
Collapse

Please refer to our Knowledge Base For assistance Mar 2, 2015

Hi Diego,

we have an article on our knowledge base page to advise and assist with this message that appears.

here is a direct link to the article -
http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:6123

Kind Regards,

Steven Barlow

Customer Experience Executive

Diego Soto de Lucas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error retrieving license Mar 2, 2015

Thank you, Steven.

I've tried that before but at first I couldn't see the activation code via that procedure, so I've been trying all the possible stuff (formatting included) and now when I open Trados it says:

"There has been an error while trying to retrieve license
Licenses under End User License Agreement
Non-authorized use of this program may carry legal sanctions (...)"

And I can't deactivate it, neither online nor offline.

<
... See more
Thank you, Steven.

I've tried that before but at first I couldn't see the activation code via that procedure, so I've been trying all the possible stuff (formatting included) and now when I open Trados it says:

"There has been an error while trying to retrieve license
Licenses under End User License Agreement
Non-authorized use of this program may carry legal sanctions (...)"

And I can't deactivate it, neither online nor offline.

Collapse

Support Case Required Mar 2, 2015

Hi Diego,

You will need to raise a technical support case for this.

If you do not have a PSMA contract, you can raise one by going to our Knowledge Base, you can use this link http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:SFTab:crumb:0 then select the solution finder menu/tab at the top of the page. Work through the options in the dropdown menus to locate your query, then an automated form will a
... See more
Hi Diego,

You will need to raise a technical support case for this.

If you do not have a PSMA contract, you can raise one by going to our Knowledge Base, you can use this link http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:SFTab:crumb:0 then select the solution finder menu/tab at the top of the page. Work through the options in the dropdown menus to locate your query, then an automated form will appeal on the right hand side of the page, fill this in and submit.

Kind Regards,

Steven Barlow

Collapse

Diego Soto de Lucas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried that :S Mar 2, 2015

Thanks again Steven!

A while ago I already sent a query via support tab on My SDL Account, and I've looked already on the Knowledge Base... I'm running out of options and it's frustrating... I made a mistake, I know, but fixing it is being very exasperating :'(

-- Mar 2, 2015

Hi Diego,

if you require assistance raising a technical support case, please feel free to contact us via our live chat service. You can access this with the following link -

http://bit.ly/1wDpp6u

Kind Regards,

Steven Barlow

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BigBird License :(

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »