Bart Pauly
Bart Pauly  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:23
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 3, 2015

Hi everybody,

OK, I will try to be as detailed as possible.

I have been translating a .doc file (Word 2013) from French (France) into Dutch (Belgium). I am using the Trados Studio 2014 Freelance version, and have already done the SP 2 update. I could choose here 5 languages, I chose Dutch (Netherlands), French (France), German (Germany), Spanish (Spain) and English (U.K.). At this stage, Trados notified me that sublanguages also would be installed.

Now what
... See more
Hi everybody,

OK, I will try to be as detailed as possible.

I have been translating a .doc file (Word 2013) from French (France) into Dutch (Belgium). I am using the Trados Studio 2014 Freelance version, and have already done the SP 2 update. I could choose here 5 languages, I chose Dutch (Netherlands), French (France), German (Germany), Spanish (Spain) and English (U.K.). At this stage, Trados notified me that sublanguages also would be installed.

Now what happens: I finished the translation of the document, but apparently I cannot do a spell check of the document, although Dutch (Belgium) should be available. Does anyone know how you can solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance!

Bart
Collapse

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 10:23
Spell check Mar 5, 2015

Hello Bart,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Have you check if Spell Check has been enable? To do so please go in File, then Editor, then finally click on Spelling.

If you need further assistance regarding this, please contact us directly via our Chat (bit.ly/SDLChat).

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You also need to have the Dutch spellchecker in MS Office Mar 6, 2015

Bart

Can you do a spell-checking for Dutch in MS Word ? This is required if you want to spell-check Dutch content.

The languages that you chose when installing Studio have nothing to do with the Spellchecker because Studio does the spell-checking in the background in MS Word.

By default, when you install Word, you usually get only one or two languages installed for the spellchecker. This could mean, that depending on your version of MS Word, you don't have
... See more
Bart

Can you do a spell-checking for Dutch in MS Word ? This is required if you want to spell-check Dutch content.

The languages that you chose when installing Studio have nothing to do with the Spellchecker because Studio does the spell-checking in the background in MS Word.

By default, when you install Word, you usually get only one or two languages installed for the spellchecker. This could mean, that depending on your version of MS Word, you don't have the spellchecker files for Dutch.

Please check this and if they are missing, you'll need to download them from the Microsoft site.

Walter
Collapse

Bart Pauly
Bart Pauly  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Spell checker in MS Office not installed, but Dutch (Netherlands) does work in Studio Mar 6, 2015

Thanks for both replies,

I do not have the Dutch spell checker installed in Office. I bought this PC in Spain, with Office already installed. The only thing I did was buying the licence for Office. That is another problem I was trying to solve.

On the other hand, although Dutch (BE) and Dutch (NL) are both not installed in Office, it IS possible to do a spell check for Dutch (NL) in Studio, but NOT for Dutch (BE).

Thanks in advance,

Bart

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Studio 2014 Spell Checker

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »