Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:10
German to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2015

The Studio display filtering tool is surely useful to some, but for me it seems to do the opposite of what I actually want. If I click on, for example, 100% matches it filters out everything EXCEPT 100% matches. OK, that's fine, I guess. But what if I want to see 100% matches AND Fuzzy matches? There is no option.

Or what (and this is actually my problem) I want to
... See more

The Studio display filtering tool is surely useful to some, but for me it seems to do the opposite of what I actually want. If I click on, for example, 100% matches it filters out everything EXCEPT 100% matches. OK, that's fine, I guess. But what if I want to see 100% matches AND Fuzzy matches? There is no option.

Or what (and this is actually my problem) I want to see everything EXCEPT 100% matches?

To me this would make much more sense while translating, i.e. to hide certain pretranslated segments and just show what needs to doing (without hiding what I've translated myself, of course).

This should have been so simple to implement (with check boxes, and/or a show/hide option) but as usual the developers haven't thought things through or just haven't listened. (As usual, this is one of the things that memoQ makes so easy: you can show/hide what you want).

So is there any simple way of doing what I want? And when I say simple, I mean without having to learn some weird programming language (RegEX).
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
I guess the easy way... Mar 4, 2015

... is to lock all 100% and then filter on unlocked.

I agree with you though, having a reverse option would be useful. Maybe in a future release.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good thinking Mar 4, 2015

Thanks Paul. I'll use that as a workaround for now and hope it gets added sometime in the future.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 SP2 - Display filters do opposite of what I want

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »