The source or the target language of the currently processed document is not defined in the selected
Thread poster: MelanieMartin
MelanieMartin
MelanieMartin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:43
German to English
Mar 6, 2015

Hi,

I installed Trados 2014 yesterday and I keep getting this error message

The source or the target language of the currently processed document is not defined in the selected termbase. Check the Terminology Verifier settings. (a yellow warning triangle)

It does not seem to affect the file as such, it is still a bit annoying though. I checked the Terminology Verifier settings and looked it up in the manual, but I cannot find anything.

Anyon
... See more
Hi,

I installed Trados 2014 yesterday and I keep getting this error message

The source or the target language of the currently processed document is not defined in the selected termbase. Check the Terminology Verifier settings. (a yellow warning triangle)

It does not seem to affect the file as such, it is still a bit annoying though. I checked the Terminology Verifier settings and looked it up in the manual, but I cannot find anything.

Anyone got any idea?
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:43
English
Perhaps the problem... Mar 6, 2015

... is simply that you need to either use the terminology in your termbase or turn off this check? There are two checks in the terminology verifier which I guess could be the source of your message:

- Check for possible non-usage of the target terms
- Check for terms without the target term equivalent

If you have disabled this perhaps make sure it's disabled in your Project too under Project Settings -> Verification -> terminology Verifier and not just File -> Op
... See more
... is simply that you need to either use the terminology in your termbase or turn off this check? There are two checks in the terminology verifier which I guess could be the source of your message:

- Check for possible non-usage of the target terms
- Check for terms without the target term equivalent

If you have disabled this perhaps make sure it's disabled in your Project too under Project Settings -> Verification -> terminology Verifier and not just File -> Options which are Global.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The source or the target language of the currently processed document is not defined in the selected

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »