HELP! After Restarting computer, SDL opens as if it is the first time....
Thread poster: Anne-Sophie Cardinal
Anne-Sophie Cardinal
Anne-Sophie Cardinal  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:58
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Mar 12, 2015

Hello,

I have been using my SDL Trados (2011 studio version) for over 2 years now, and I have many projects completed with it.
I am experiencing laptop issues, and I had to restart it. When I launched SDL to get back to the project I am currently working on, it gives me the 'Getting started' wizard / assistant, as if it is the very first time I am using my software!

I am afraid to follow this configuration window because I fear I might lose any previous / current
... See more
Hello,

I have been using my SDL Trados (2011 studio version) for over 2 years now, and I have many projects completed with it.
I am experiencing laptop issues, and I had to restart it. When I launched SDL to get back to the project I am currently working on, it gives me the 'Getting started' wizard / assistant, as if it is the very first time I am using my software!

I am afraid to follow this configuration window because I fear I might lose any previous / current work, but I can't seem to avoid it. I tried opening the file from the folder (.sdlproj file), but still no success, as I am taken to the Getting Started / configuration for first time use page....

Anyone experience this as well int he past? What shall I do? Will I lose work, if I do all the first-time steps?

Thank you!!!!
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:58
English
You won't lose your work... Mar 12, 2015

... unless the laptop problems you experienced also deleted them from your Documents folder. If you go through the setup you should then be able to add your projects back in again, if they are not there automatically, by using the Open Project command to open the sdlproj files one by one.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community SupportSDL Community Support
Collapse

Anne-Sophie Cardinal
Anne-Sophie Cardinal  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:58
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All projects lost.... :'-(( Mar 12, 2015

Thank you for your swift response PAUL!
Unfortunately.... after a second Restart of my computer, SDL does indeed open but all projects have disappeared from the SDL window. The files themselves seem to have remained into the folders, but I can't open the project I was working on and I get an ERROR stating the following:
----------------
Une erreur est survenue lors du traitement des arguments de la ligne de commande : Une erreur s'est produite lors de la tentative d'identificat
... See more
Thank you for your swift response PAUL!
Unfortunately.... after a second Restart of my computer, SDL does indeed open but all projects have disappeared from the SDL window. The files themselves seem to have remained into the folders, but I can't open the project I was working on and I get an ERROR stating the following:
----------------
Une erreur est survenue lors du traitement des arguments de la ligne de commande : Une erreur s'est produite lors de la tentative d'identification de la version du fichier.

SYNTAXE : SDLTradosStudio.exe [/help|/?] /arg1 val1 /arg2 val2

Tâche : NoAutoUpdate
Description : Démarre l'application sans rechercher automatiquement les mises à jour.
Utilisation : SDLTradosStudio.exe /noautoupdate
Arguments :
/noautoupdate Démarre l'application sans rechercher automatiquement les mises à jour.

Tâche : Créer un projet
Description : Lance l'Assistant de création de projet.
Utilisation : SDLTradosStudio.exe /createProject [/files [ ...]] [/name ] [/template ] [/referenceProject ]
Arguments :
/createProject Lance l'Assistant de création de projet.
/files Chemin de fichier complet d'un ou de plusieurs documents ou dossiers à ajouter à l'Assistant de création de projet.
/name Nom du projet
/template Nom de modèle existant ou chemin de fichier à utiliser.
/referenceProject Chemin de fichier du projet de référence existant à utiliser.

Tâche : Ouvrir un document
Description : Ouvre un ou plusieurs documents dans l'affichage Éditeur.
Utilisation : SDLTradosStudio.exe /openDocument [ ...]
Arguments :
/openDocument Chemin de fichier complet d'un ou de plusieurs documents à ouvrir.

Tâche : Ouvrir une MT basée sur des fichiers
Description : Ouvre une ou plusieurs MT basées sur des fichiers dans l'affichage MT.
Utilisation : SDLTradosStudio.exe /openFileTm [ ...]
Arguments :
/openFileTm Chemin de fichier complet d'une ou de plusieurs MT à ouvrir.

Tâche : Ouvrir un package
Description : Ouvre un package dans l'affichage Package.
Utilisation : SDLTradosStudio.exe /openPackage
Arguments :
/openPackage Chemin de fichier complet du package à ouvrir.

Tâche : Ouvrir un projet
Description : Ouvre un projet dans l'affichage Projets.
Utilisation : SDLTradosStudio.exe /openProject
Arguments :
/openProject Chemin de fichier complet d'un projet à ouvrir.
-------

So........ I am "screwed" because I have a critical deadline by tomorrow morning and can't work on the project
Any ideas?
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
If you are around now... Mar 12, 2015

... I can take a quick look over Skype with you? Drop me an email if this is appropriate for you.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

ADSTRAD
ADSTRAD  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
any follow-up about this? Nov 23, 2015

Same problem here. Is there a quick workaround?

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Can you open the projects from their containing folder ... Nov 23, 2015

ADSTRAD wrote:

Same problem here. Is there a quick workaround?

... using the command "Open Project" from Studio?

Walter

Afidi Towo
Afidi Towo
Local time: 07:58
English to French
Une erreur s'est produite lors de la tentative d'identification de la version du fichier May 18, 2016

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue. I can't open any of my projects anymore, I receive the same error message. Can somebody help me? I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance SR2. Thanks in advance.

Afidi Towo
Afidi Towo
English to French
No one to help me on this issue? May 23, 2016

Any idea on how I can solve this issue and open again my previous projects? I installed the SDL Trados Studio 2015 SR2 upgrade, but no change.

Thanks in advance.

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Une erreur s'est produite lors de la tentative d'identification de la version du fichier May 23, 2016

Afidi Towo wrote:

Any idea on how I can solve this issue and open again my previous projects? I installed the SDL Trados Studio 2015 SR2 upgrade, but no change.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Could you tell me what is the operating system of your computer and what is the file format of the text you are trying to open when you receive this error message?

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Please try out our SDL Community portal http://xl8.one
Professionals helping Professionals with all your SDL Studio questions.

Have a question about licensing and installation?
Use our LIVE CHAT facility bit.lySDLChat

Afidi Towo
Afidi Towo
English to French
Windows 8 May 23, 2016

... is the operating system and the file format is Word (.docx). All projects have disappeared from the SDL window but not from their folders, so they are not lost. I just can't open them anymore, even when I double click the project file in Explorer.

Thanks for your help Guillaume.

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Une erreur s'est produite lors de la tentative d'identification de la version du fichier May 24, 2016

Afidi Towo wrote:

... is the operating system and the file format is Word (.docx). All projects have disappeared from the SDL window but not from their folders, so they are not lost. I just can't open them anymore, even when I double click the project file in Explorer.

Thanks for your help Guillaume.

Hello again,

So far I have been unable to find the error message.

Please try out our SDL Community portal http://xl8.one

You will find there experts and professionals able to assist with all your Studio questions.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP! After Restarting computer, SDL opens as if it is the first time....

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »