NATHALIE BOUJUT
NATHALIE BOUJUT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:36
Member (2014)
English to French
+ ...
Mar 26, 2015

Do you know if a link for a wordiest TM can work on Trados?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
There's an article... Mar 27, 2015

... here that may answer your questions : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-QJ

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
AFAIK, it can't Mar 27, 2015

NathB wrote:
Do you know if a link for a Wordfast TM can work on Trados?

As far as I know, the only things that can open a Wordfast TM link are WFA (Wordfast Anywhere) and WFP (Wordfast Pro). As far as I know, there is also no way to get WFC (Wordfast Classic) to consult a linked TM. WFC can consult a TM in WFA, but I've never checked if WFC can access a linked TM via WFA.

Paul's answer relates to converting offline TMs, but I know of no way to get linked Wordfast TMs offline, except by asking the client for it. That is one of the reasons for a linked TM, after all -- to allow the translator access to the segments that he needs without giving him the entire TM.

[It is possible to extract some segments from a linked Wordfast TM via Wordfast Pro, using scripted automation, but it takes a long time to do, and can only extract segments that are fuzzy matches for the segments in a TXML file, so that's probably not for you.]

[Edited at 2015-03-27 09:52 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast & Trados compatibility

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »