Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:48
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Mar 28, 2015

Hello,

I am not sure if it is just me. I have recently upgraded to 2014 with the hopes of better performance and value (it was almost helpless with 180k merged segment files with low performance from TM to TB).

Term recognition is not any better as far as I can see.

- Loading the recognized terms very slow, even with small TB that I just created.
- Not recognizing terms, although they are already in the termbase (I surely checked it).
- Not pop
... See more
Hello,

I am not sure if it is just me. I have recently upgraded to 2014 with the hopes of better performance and value (it was almost helpless with 180k merged segment files with low performance from TM to TB).

Term recognition is not any better as far as I can see.

- Loading the recognized terms very slow, even with small TB that I just created.
- Not recognizing terms, although they are already in the termbase (I surely checked it).
- Not populating terms in autosuggest popup which have punctuation in the beginning of the term.
- Prioritize and not list all terms. (e.g.: XYZ Apps, XYZ Mail, XYZ Calendar, XYZ for Business, XYZ are all without any punctuation, but not recognized and displayed consistently).

Multiterm and its use in Trados as "term recognition" is not satisfactory at all.

I am not sure if it the length of the segment or the punctuation there in, but if it doesn't function properly, there isn't much point to it, I guess.

Anyone has any idea

Thank you

Hakan

p.s.: I use Windows 8 and Trados 2014 SP2 11.2.4378.9
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

dissappointed with term recognition performance in Trados 2014

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »