Studio 2014 SP2: Cannot do anything with Files after importing and preparing
Thread poster: eivind
eivind
eivind
Local time: 19:46
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Apr 2, 2015

I am just getting used to Studio 2014 SP2 after using memoQ for a long time. I am finding, however, that Studio 2014 may if possible have even more bugs than memoQ.

When I import a new file (any file type) into a project, I am unable to open or process any files in the project, and the word count is shown as "n/a" for all files. This applies also to files that were fine before importing the new file. Restarting Studio seems to fix it.

Anyone have any idea about how to r
... See more
I am just getting used to Studio 2014 SP2 after using memoQ for a long time. I am finding, however, that Studio 2014 may if possible have even more bugs than memoQ.

When I import a new file (any file type) into a project, I am unable to open or process any files in the project, and the word count is shown as "n/a" for all files. This applies also to files that were fine before importing the new file. Restarting Studio seems to fix it.

Anyone have any idea about how to resolve this strange issue?

(Edit: upon further investigation, simply pressing the "Add files" button causes this error.)

[Edited at 2015-04-02 06:04 GMT]
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:46
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Not bugs, just newbie problems Apr 2, 2015

As you're a new Studio user, I don't think it's fair to say you're finding bugs, when the real problem is that you don't know how to use the program.

Issue 1: previous word counts disappear
The screenshot shows the files in your source language. On the left (not shown in the screenshot), click on the drop down menu beside the country flag and select your target language. Now you'll see the word count for the previous fil
... See more
As you're a new Studio user, I don't think it's fair to say you're finding bugs, when the real problem is that you don't know how to use the program.

Issue 1: previous word counts disappear
The screenshot shows the files in your source language. On the left (not shown in the screenshot), click on the drop down menu beside the country flag and select your target language. Now you'll see the word count for the previous files.

Issue 2: Can't process files in a project
2. After adding a file to a project (in the source files list), you have to right click it, select batch tasks > prepare without project TM (top of the list). You can select several files and perform this on all of them at the same time.

Issue 3: Can't open files in a project
Go to your target language files list and double click the file you want to open.
Collapse

eivind
eivind
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 2, 2015

Thank you! That resolves it; I had hidden the navigation pane, so did not notice the language changing. As for bugs, there are certain things that I know to be faults with the software, such as verification for missing terms not working if any segments only contain tags. I will be back with more troubles, and I hope that these can also be explained with simple unfamiliarity.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 13:46
French to German
+ ...
What a "positive attitude"! Apr 4, 2015

eivind wrote:

As for bugs, there are certain things that I know to be faults with the software, such as verification for missing terms not working if any segments only contain tags. I will be back with more troubles, and I hope that these can also be explained with simple unfamiliarity.

Interesting: before being really familiar with the software, you already plan to inform us about more bugs because you know - or are convinced - that they are there.

Surprising, not very positive attitude.

I suggest you concentrate on using the SW and only report bugs that really cause you a problem (provided they are really "bugs").

And keep in mind: there is no such thing as a "bug-free software".

Walter

eivind
eivind
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reference Apr 5, 2015

http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/6965.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 SP2: Cannot do anything with Files after importing and preparing

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »