Czech Republic
Local time: 23:06
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Maybe not May 5, 2015

Maybe not.
It seemed OK yesterday in one of my projects, but it does not work in another, so maybe it was due to some other MT/autosuggest settings.
Sorry for the confusion!
Marek

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:06
English
The problem. May 5, 2015

Hi Marek,

I spoke with the developer and it seems the reason it does not work anymore is because Google added CAPTCHA to the translation service used for this feature. The solution to this problem is for the developer to add to the UI so it asks the user to fill in the response for each Studio startup.

I don't have timescales on this but I know he's working on it.

Until then, or even instead of, you have the MT AutoSuggest. This can also use Google but of
... See more
Hi Marek,

I spoke with the developer and it seems the reason it does not work anymore is because Google added CAPTCHA to the translation service used for this feature. The solution to this problem is for the developer to add to the UI so it asks the user to fill in the response for each Studio startup.

Until then, or even instead of, you have the MT AutoSuggest. This can also use Google but of course you have to pay for that service. SDL Language Cloud would be free and perhaps a useful alternative if the support for your language pairs is there.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:06
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mystery engines May 19, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

Hi Marek,

Until then, or even instead of, you have the MT AutoSuggest. This can also use Google but of course you have to pay for that service. SDL Language Cloud would be free and perhaps a useful alternative if the support for your language pairs is there.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

I am confused. I already have MT AutoSuggest installed and I also already have a Google API going ever since they introduced the paid version tied to API's. Google MT still doesn't work with the MT AutoSuggest, it simply fills the entire segment from Google MT and that is not what I am looking for, but if I understand it correctly, that is what Paul means with the Captcha issue that Google added and that the developer of MT Autosuggest is working on.

So instead I went to the SDL Language Cloud and apparently I already have tried this, but that is probably a long time ago (maybe when BeGlobal was first introduced). I certainly have not effectively used it with MT Autosuggest, an API, or a translation engine. Now I was just looking at the various paid packages and am puzzled by what "No engines included" means. A translation engine seems to be the essence of what we are discussing here. It also looks like the trial version doesn't include an engine anyway, and that is what I would like to test.

Unfortunately, the page https://cxc-languagecloud.sdl.com/#app=languagecloud&entry=subscription does not provide much of an explanation. I hope the MT Autosuggest with Google works soon, because I do like that it charges per character rather than for packages.

At any rate, I have read the FAQs below and activated SDL ATS among my TMs in my project.
https://languagecloud.sdl.com/translation-toolkit/faq

... but then I get an error about correct server name and port number, and the thread is unresolved as of May 9:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/262969-sdl_automated_translation_server_not_working.html

This is not very encouraging for spending $10 to go try a translation engine.
Anyone knows more about this? Have it working? Is it temporary?

Sorry for my late reply in follow up on my previous post. I did not get notifications about replies to this thread.

[Edited at 2015-05-19 23:53 GMT]

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:06
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Working again? May 20, 2015

I am not sure exactly what factors are involved in making the MT Autosuggest plugin work. At the moment I only have local 2 TM's and AnyTM activated in Studio 2014. Google MT is listed but none of the boxes are checked, however MT Autosuggest seems to be working as it should - the way I like it to work. It is providing me with parts of sentences as I type. So, if Google Translate is listed but not activated, where is MT Autosuggest getting its suggestions from?

Jessica Rong
Jessica Rong  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Mandarin Chinese
+ ...
google translate autosuggest plug-in May 19, 2021

Hi there,
I cannot find a free google translate autosuggest plug-in for trados 2019. Can anyone advise? Thank you.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google Translate AutoSuggest

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »