RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:09
English
"Biannual" is not "Annual" or "Biennial" Apr 20, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:

Someone pointed out that you skipped 2013

... that was me!

Don't confuse the names with the release schedule. In general we release a number of ways:

CU - Cumulative update (as needed and can be practically achieved)
SP - Service Pack (usually no major features, but bigger updates often requiring a new install. We have added bigger features despite this rule of thumb in the past)
Major Release - new major version with new features

The timescales between major versions tends to be around 2-years as a rule of thumb, but this can always change. So Biennial rather than Biannual or Annual. I don't think this is abnormal, or unusual in this industry either. We also don't force anyone to upgrade!

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Meyers (X)
Meyers (X)
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
To Paul: Above-below? Apr 20, 2015

Hi Paul,
My other question, and of other ProZ members here, is:
is the option source above - target below (for the active row) included in Studio 2015?
Thank a lot

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
As much as I'd like to give you more information... Apr 20, 2015

... I can't. The marketing teams have released a teaser which doesn't tell you much, and this is deliberate of course. There will be more information and webinars in the run up to the release which is not going to be for a little while yet.

Based on the comments, guesswork and cynicism so far there will be a few surprises. Can't say any more than that.

Regards
... See more
... I can't. The marketing teams have released a teaser which doesn't tell you much, and this is deliberate of course. There will be more information and webinars in the run up to the release which is not going to be for a little while yet.

Based on the comments, guesswork and cynicism so far there will be a few surprises. Can't say any more than that.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm extraxt or Termbase?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »