eVeritas  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 04:05
Member (2012)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 19, 2015

Hello,

I bought a license for Trados Studio 2014, Freelance Version, on the recent Group Buy. I am getting ready to install the software and the Installation Guide says:

"All Trados Studio and installer files are digitally signed. Make sure your list of approved root certificates is up-to-date and includes the root certificate from the Certification Authority that generates SDL's code signing certificate.
For computers with access to the Internet:
Windows Vi
... See more
Hello,

I bought a license for Trados Studio 2014, Freelance Version, on the recent Group Buy. I am getting ready to install the software and the Installation Guide says:

"All Trados Studio and installer files are digitally signed. Make sure your list of approved root certificates is up-to-date and includes the root certificate from the Certification Authority that generates SDL's code signing certificate.
For computers with access to the Internet:
Windows Vista or later - Go to: https://www.digicert.com and add the new root certificate to your Trusted Root Certification Authorities certificate store."

Can anyone please tell me what does this mean and what to do?

Also, I visited https://www.digicert.com but I could not find anything related to SDL. How can I find the "Certification Authority that generates SDL's code signing certificate"?

I appreciate your help since I am pretty clueless here.
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 09:05
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Try to install Apr 19, 2015

I agree that this sounds very puzzling, and personally I have not had any problems with any root certificats. I would take the chance and try to install, and if it doesn't work, then contact SDL and ask for help.

What it talks about, sounds like directed to computer experts, something the average translator definitely is not.

My guess is that as long as you have a legal copy of Windows and SDL Studio, the issue with the root certificate won't present itself, although I
... See more
I agree that this sounds very puzzling, and personally I have not had any problems with any root certificats. I would take the chance and try to install, and if it doesn't work, then contact SDL and ask for help.

What it talks about, sounds like directed to computer experts, something the average translator definitely is not.

My guess is that as long as you have a legal copy of Windows and SDL Studio, the issue with the root certificate won't present itself, although I might be wrong, of course.

At https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn265983.aspx I find the following:
"The Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1, and Windows 8 operating systems include an automatic update mechanism that downloads certificate trust lists (CTLs) on a daily basis. In Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1, additional capabilities are available to control how the CTLs are updated."

I read that to mean that normally everything should be fine. And I haven't heard of anyone who has had trouble here.
Collapse

eVeritas
Puerto Rico
Member (2012)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll follow your advice Apr 20, 2015

Hi Roy,

Thank you for the information you found at the Microsoft website. It sounds like it has to do with the same thing. I have a legitimate license of Windows 8.1 and of Trados Studio so I'll follow your advice and proceed with the installation.

Thank you and best regards.

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:05
English to Arabic
eVeritas Apr 20, 2015

Hi there,

This is Steve from SDL-
If you have any further need for assistance, please reply with your 6 digit order number.
Once I have located a valid, we can assist you further.

Kind regards

Steve

eVeritas
Puerto Rico
Member (2012)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here's my order number Apr 20, 2015

Hi Steve,

Thank you for replying to my post. My order number 363702.

I haven't installed the program yet so if there's anything I should do before proceeding please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Digital Certificate Requirements for Trados Studio 2014

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »