STUDIO 2014 - New error (and new delay in deliveries)
Thread poster: Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 18:29
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 24, 2015

Hi all,

Studio has just started to harass me with a new error (of course on a Friday and of course on a tight deadline) which looks like this.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
parsing "^\d+[]\d+$" - Unterminated [] set.

System.ArgumentException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

System
c__D
... See more
Hi all,

Studio has just started to harass me with a new error (of course on a Friday and of course on a tight deadline) which looks like this.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
parsing "^\d+[]\d+$" - Unterminated [] set.

System.ArgumentException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

System
c__DisplayClass3.b__2()
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteActionForShortcut(Keys shortcut)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.StudioWindowForm.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]>

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Symptoms are: certain segments generate the error and won't be saved to TM, while others work fine.
Any clue will be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance

Enrico
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:29
English
This is an unhelpful report Apr 24, 2015

Hi Enrico,

We have no idea what you were doing... the regex in the message might be to blame as it's invalid, but who knows!!

If you need help you can drop me an email.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Enrico C - ECLC
Taiwan
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved!!! Apr 24, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

Hi Enrico,

We have no idea what you were doing... the regex in the message might be to blame as it's invalid, but who knows!!

If you need help you can drop me an email.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Hi Paul, when you made me notice the regex (which i hadn't created at all) i went to check my Add-ons for numbers and the issue seems to be the Add-on "Number verifier" which i had installed from SDL add-on section. Once i disabled all functions from that add-on Studio started to work properly again.

Hope this helps for the future.

Regards

Enrico

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
There is a new version of this plugin... Apr 24, 2015

... on the OpenExchange so maybe make sure you have the latest version. But in the meantime it would be good if you can help me test this so I can see whether there is something with the plugin we need to address?

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Enrico C - ECLC
Taiwan
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will test it Apr 24, 2015

It's fine with me as soon as i make time for that.

Do you need me to do anything specific or i can test randomly? I was planning to activate all options on the plugin then disable them one by one to find out which one causes the issue. It happened only with numbered lines or with text lines containing numbers...that's how i got to the add-on first shot.

let me know.

I'll download the plugin later, after testing.

Regards

Enrico

SDL Community wrote:

... on the OpenExchange so maybe make sure you have the latest version. But in the meantime it would be good if you can help me test this so I can see whether there is something with the plugin we need to address?

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
That works... Apr 24, 2015

Enrico C - ECLC wrote:

It's fine with me as soon as i make time for that.

Do you need me to do anything specific or i can test randomly? I was planning to activate all options on the plugin then disable them one by one to find out which one causes the issue. It happened only with numbered lines or with text lines containing numbers...that's how i got to the add-on first shot.

Or if you have a bit of source material that generates an error like this you can share tha and we can investigate. Also worth noting that there is a specific forum for getting support and reporting bugs with OpenExchange applications:

http://community.sdl.com/appsupport

We are going to be closing down the sdk-feedback link for OpenExchange apps at some point and all user app support will be provided through the SDL Community environment. I think this is better as it provides one place for everyone to go and the deveopers themselves can use this if they wish... even if they provided the apps without support in the first place.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

STUDIO 2014 - New error (and new delay in deliveries)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »