Ghost tags in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:38
German to English
Apr 24, 2015

Is there any way to turn this feature off? Rearranging tags when translating from German is a nightmare due to different word order.
Thanks

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 15:38
French to German
+ ...
Turn it off in the Tag verification options Apr 24, 2015

Kevin

Yes, you can turn it off in the Tag Verification options.

In addition, let me make a suggestion to avoid this problem that bothers you.

Instead of rearranging the tags in your target segment, translate the text without any tags in a first step and only once you have the entire target text, insert the tag pairs where they belong.

In my experience, this is much faster, provided you use the QuickPlace CTRL-click method to insert your tag p
... See more
Kevin

Yes, you can turn it off in the Tag Verification options.

In addition, let me make a suggestion to avoid this problem that bothers you.

Instead of rearranging the tags in your target segment, translate the text without any tags in a first step and only once you have the entire target text, insert the tag pairs where they belong.

In my experience, this is much faster, provided you use the QuickPlace CTRL-click method to insert your tag pairs.
Inserting tags into a text not yet cluttered by tags is not only much faster but also easier because you get a clear view of the text (without tags in between).

Walter
Collapse

Joao Vasconcelos

Kevin Fulton
United States
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Ghost tags Apr 24, 2015

Thanks, Walter!
I looked for Tag verification under project settings\verification, but couldn't find it. I'm sure it's hiding in plain sight.

Normally I translate then add the tags as you suggest, but the ghost tag issue is a problem.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 15:38
French to German
+ ...
Depends on your version Apr 25, 2015

Kevin Fulton wrote:

Thanks, Walter!
I looked for Tag verification under project settings\verification, but couldn't find it. I'm sure it's hiding in plain sight.

If you have a pre-SP2 version, look under "Filetype - Microsoft Word 2007-2013", it's there.

It appears in every filetype separately, and in SP2 it was moved to an overall setting in "Verification".
Walter

Kevin Fulton
United States
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Ghost tags Apr 25, 2015

Thanks again, Walter!

Oddly enough I have SP2R, but couldn't find it under Verification.

You've been very helpful!
Kevin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ghost tags in Studio 2011

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »