Australia
Local time: 18:40
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
Apr 25, 2015

Hi,
I hope someone can help...
I have a problem with Studio 2011. When I receive a package with Word files I always get an error message when I try to generate the target files: Failed to save target content. W is an undeclared namespace. Line 1 Position 2.
This doesn't happen when I work with single documents or Excel files in the package. The translation agencies can generate the target files with my return package, so the problem is only on my side. I use Office Word 2007.... See more
Hi,
I hope someone can help...
I have a problem with Studio 2011. When I receive a package with Word files I always get an error message when I try to generate the target files: Failed to save target content. W is an undeclared namespace. Line 1 Position 2.
This doesn't happen when I work with single documents or Excel files in the package. The translation agencies can generate the target files with my return package, so the problem is only on my side. I use Office Word 2007.
I have no idea how to solve this problem! Is it a compatibility issue between Studio 2011 and 2014?
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 10:40
French to German
+ ...
This may happen if ... Apr 25, 2015

... the files have been prepared with Studio 2014 (which I guess your client uses) and are then opened in Studio 2011.
The problem comes from the fact that the 2014 filter (file type) that was used to convert the document to SDLXLIFF is newer than the one you have in your Studio 2011. If the document uses features that were not yet supported in the version of the filter that you have in 2011, it may happen that you cannot preview the document nor create a target.
You can however tran
... See more
... the files have been prepared with Studio 2014 (which I guess your client uses) and are then opened in Studio 2011.
The problem comes from the fact that the 2014 filter (file type) that was used to convert the document to SDLXLIFF is newer than the one you have in your Studio 2011. If the document uses features that were not yet supported in the version of the filter that you have in 2011, it may happen that you cannot preview the document nor create a target.
You can however translate the SDLXLIFF and turn it over to your client for generating the target file.
It is in fact a compatibility problem, but does only show up in certain cases and not for all documents prepared in Studio 2014.

Walter

[Bearbeitet am 2015-04-25 07:10 GMT]
Collapse

lauradiel
lauradiel  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 18:40
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Walter Apr 25, 2015

At least now I know that it doesn't make sense trying to find a solution.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:40
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Filter Apr 25, 2015

Walter Blaser wrote:
The problem comes from the fact that the 2014 filter (file type) that was used to convert the document to SDLXLIFF is newer than the one you have in your Studio 2011.

If it's just a filter problem, can't one simply copy the filter (which I presume is stored in a filter file) from the newer version to the older version?

Samuel

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:40
Finnish to French
Good luck! Apr 25, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:
If it's just a filter problem, can't one simply copy the filter (which I presume is stored in a filter file) from the newer version to the older version?

In C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio3\PlugIns there are 741 files, among which the following:

Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.plugin.resources
Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.plugin.xml
Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.WinUI.plugin.resources
Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.WinUI.plugin.xml

Based on their names, they may constitute the "filter". Maybe Studio 2011 would behave "like 2014" if you copied them over the 2011 versions. Maybe not. It's probably not something a normal end-user would want to try.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

W is an undeclared namespace. Line 1 Position 2

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »