Alignment function in Studio does not import all strings.
Thread poster: Ignacio C.
Ignacio C.
Ignacio C.  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:41
Member (2016)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 27, 2015

Hello guys.

I hope you are all doing well.

It's been a while since I've been using the SDL Trados Studio 2014 Alignment function. However, I noticed that it is never able to align all the strings (actually, it usually skips a lot of them).
I thought it was just an issue with duplicated strings, which for some reason, could not be aligned (even if I properly link 2:1 or 1:2, etc). Then, I started to manually adjust/edit the strings that were duplicated to fit them
... See more
Hello guys.

I hope you are all doing well.

It's been a while since I've been using the SDL Trados Studio 2014 Alignment function. However, I noticed that it is never able to align all the strings (actually, it usually skips a lot of them).
I thought it was just an issue with duplicated strings, which for some reason, could not be aligned (even if I properly link 2:1 or 1:2, etc). Then, I started to manually adjust/edit the strings that were duplicated to fit them in 1:1 connections.
However, even having only 1:1 perfect connections, when I ask the program to import the alignment to the Translation Memory, it only imports like 70% of the strings or so.
I have aligned an excel file right now, with perfect connections (i.e., both files are practically identical, with source and target languages in the same respective cells). It was 100% with 1:1 connections, and even so, it only imported 1100 out of 1600 strings.
Could you guys help me fixing (or at least understanding) what's happening?
Many thanks!

Ignacio

Brazil
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 18:41
French to German
+ ...
Set the "Alignment Quality value" Apr 28, 2015

igaapp wrote:

Ignacio

It is very unlikely that it skips segments. You probably think it does this because you did not export all segments.

However, even having only 1:1 perfect connections, when I ask the program to import the alignment to the Translation Memory, it only imports like 70% of the strings or so.

This is probably because you used the "Advanced Import" and did not adjust the Alignment Quality value, which by default is set to 70%.

Or you did not connect the segments in the Alignment Editor.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alignment function in Studio does not import all strings.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »