"System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException, mscorlib" error when opening Studio 2011
Thread poster: Joanna Wachowiak-Finlaison
Joanna Wachowiak-Finlaison
Joanna Wachowiak-Finlaison
United States
Local time: 20:45
English to Polish
+ ...
Apr 28, 2015

Trying to setup my Trados Studio 2011 after some system changes and after the language selection I get an error message "The system cannot find the file specified."

My UAC is disabled and I have deleted the three user setting files as suggested in SDL Knowledgebase. Any further ideas?

When going deeper into error details I get:

The system cannot find the file specified.
System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0,
... See more
Trying to setup my Trados Studio 2011 after some system changes and after the language selection I get an error message "The system cannot find the file specified."

My UAC is disabled and I have deleted the three user setting files as suggested in SDL Knowledgebase. Any further ideas?

When going deeper into error details I get:

The system cannot find the file specified.
System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
mscorlib
at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.CreateProvHandle(CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer)
at System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.ImportParameters(RSAParameters parameters)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.Licencing.FreelanceSelections.SignLangSelections(String strXmlLangSelections)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.Licencing.FreelanceSelections.set_ConfiguredLanguages(List`1 value)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.SetupWizard.LanguageChoiceWizardPageControl.UpdateData()
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Common.SetupWizard.LanguageChoiceWizardPage.OnNext()
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Wizard.AbstractInternalWizardPage`1.OnFinish()
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Wizard.AbstractWizard`1.Finish()
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Wizard.AbstractWizard`1._form_Finish(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.WizardForm._finishButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) SDL Trados Studio 10.0.0.0 10.4.3123.2 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 1033 1252 Lukre-PC\Lukre 2.0.50727.5485 LUKRE-PC True 2096688 MB
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException, mscorlib" error when opening Studio 2011

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »