Translating AI and PSD files having Trados Studio 2014 SP1
Thread poster: ProShiv
ProShiv
ProShiv  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:12
May 3, 2015

Hi Friends,

I have always been using this form for guidance and today got a chance to thank you all active members and moderators..
Now I have to post a question as I could not find more insight on this topic. Though this has been asked a few times earlier there is not a Solution without paying huge money for some plugins etc..

Could you please tell me best methods of translating AI files and PSD files having Trados Studio 2014. I know there is that costly Sysfil
... See more
Hi Friends,

I have always been using this form for guidance and today got a chance to thank you all active members and moderators..
Now I have to post a question as I could not find more insight on this topic. Though this has been asked a few times earlier there is not a Solution without paying huge money for some plugins etc..

Could you please tell me best methods of translating AI files and PSD files having Trados Studio 2014. I know there is that costly Sysfilter third party plugin; but any other leads would be a great help. I did get some leads towards Okapi but that's something more technical/difficult/unfamiliar.

Can we create our own filter for AI and PSD files? not sure why SDL did not consider this important feature.

My client provides Articulate and InDesign projects that have more than 100-200 images which mainly includes Photoshop and Illustrator files.

I tried creating PDFs of these files and translate that, but for some PDFs created from images the texts appear corrupted that is has repeated characters for example like this "rreeppeeaatteedd" .

Ok one more thing, i am trying to get only editable texts not the outlined graphic texts.

Any scripts that can extract texts from AI and PSD in batch mode that is 100-200 files that would great too..

Pleas advise.

thank you!
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:12
Finnish to French
Article on Adobe Illustrator May 5, 2015

Not directly related, since you're using Studio, but an article on AI was recently added to the memoQ knowledge base:

https://kb.kilgray.com/article/AA-00392/0/How-to-translate-Adobe-Illustrator-files-in-memoQ

It may interest you, for instance the SVG route (if feasible with Studio).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating AI and PSD files having Trados Studio 2014 SP1

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »