Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:08
English to Portuguese
+ ...
May 5, 2015

Hello,

I have used SDL Automated Translation assistant for about some months with happy results. Yesterday Ive decided to try the 'SDL Language Cloud' option and signed up for a 1 month free trial.Since then, I get an error message when trying to login to the usual SDL Automated Server "Check that you are using the correct server name...". So, coincidentally, after signing up to try the new service, the other method stop working.

I have seen in old posts from older ve
... See more
Hello,

I have used SDL Automated Translation assistant for about some months with happy results. Yesterday Ive decided to try the 'SDL Language Cloud' option and signed up for a 1 month free trial.Since then, I get an error message when trying to login to the usual SDL Automated Server "Check that you are using the correct server name...". So, coincidentally, after signing up to try the new service, the other method stop working.

I have seen in old posts from older versions people experienced this 'server down' with no further solution, explanation.

In any case, I could not figure out how could I do what I used to do via Automated Server using the so called Language Cloud. I tried to upload a file to the session 'Automated translation' and it says 'File is too big, try to upload a smaller file...'.

Question - how to perform the automated translation using the Language Cloud using Trados Studio? Or it has to be done via uploading file to the Cloud only? Is there an alternative, in case the SDL Automated Server does not come back? Is there a coincidence or both options cannot operate together?

Is there an alternative to automated translation outside Trados proprietary options? anyone has eve tried Google (paid. it is worthy?)

Thanks!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Language Cloud x SDL Automated Translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »