Studio Trados 2014 views dissapear after latest update
Thread poster: greta grinfeld
greta grinfeld
greta grinfeld  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:21
English to Spanish
May 20, 2015

I did the latest update 2 days ago. Since then the File, Alignment and Reports Views have gone completely. Anyone knows how to get them back? Seems to be an installation/downloading problem but cannot get SDL Help support to respond. Thanks!

[Edited at 2015-05-20 19:52 GMT]

Sian Cooper
Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:21
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
The actual views or their contents? May 20, 2015

Hi Greta. I'm not convinced I can assist other than by suggesting you reapply the update. I had issues - it reverted my installation to 'new', so I had to redefine all my settings, and all the content in my views has gone (project list etc.). I had to reapply the update which had apparently not correctly/fully installed; after that I also had a temporary glitch with Trados crashing when I tried to open a TM in TM view. But it seems to have cleared up and everything seems OK now apart from the lo... See more
Hi Greta. I'm not convinced I can assist other than by suggesting you reapply the update. I had issues - it reverted my installation to 'new', so I had to redefine all my settings, and all the content in my views has gone (project list etc.). I had to reapply the update which had apparently not correctly/fully installed; after that I also had a temporary glitch with Trados crashing when I tried to open a TM in TM view. But it seems to have cleared up and everything seems OK now apart from the lost views content which is no more than annoying...

I'm very surprised no-one from Trados has reacted to this, though - it's pretty serious if you have actually lost the views, not just the content!

Good luck.
Collapse

greta grinfeld
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sian May 20, 2015

Hi Sian,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, it looks pretty serious to me ... waiting to hear from some SDL person here in the forum as when I try to submit an installation and downloading support request online the website is no responding...read some people are having the same issues... I seem to have lost 1/3 of the whole software, weird!..

Thanks for your advice, will try it, see what happens...

Regards
Greta

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:21
English
Lost views... May 20, 2015

... try activating a Project. Select one and press the enter key, or double click it.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

greta grinfeld
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! thank you May 22, 2015

Thank you so much Paul, it worked!

The only view that's still not there is the Alignment one, not sure now to be honest if it was there in the first place .. I was having a look at the online detailed help and saw a screen shoot where the Alignment is there, as a view, whereas I cannot see it on my screen... is it supposed to be there?

Regards
Greta

[Edited at 2015-05-22 09:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-05-22 09:12 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio Trados 2014 views dissapear after latest update

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »