Thread poster: Miguel Ríos
Miguel Ríos
Miguel Ríos
Mexico
Local time: 20:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 27, 2015

Hello, I just installed Extract and tried to set up my first project, but after I add the ms word file (about 4000 words) and it asks me wether I want to process now, it starts doing so and the clock keeps track of time but the bar stays in zero.

I waited for 45 minutes and it was the same, no progress whatsoever. I tried with both a .rtf file and a .doc file, and I also set up the project as bilingual and monolingual. No joy.

I am sure this is a really basic thing, bu
... See more
Hello, I just installed Extract and tried to set up my first project, but after I add the ms word file (about 4000 words) and it asks me wether I want to process now, it starts doing so and the clock keeps track of time but the bar stays in zero.

I waited for 45 minutes and it was the same, no progress whatsoever. I tried with both a .rtf file and a .doc file, and I also set up the project as bilingual and monolingual. No joy.

I am sure this is a really basic thing, but I just got the license...

Thanks!
Collapse

Eva_Pfe
Eva_Pfe
Austria
Local time: 04:51
English to German
+ ...
Same problem MultiTerm Extract reads file forever Sep 10, 2015

Hello!

I have the same Problem, although not with my first project in MultiTerm Extract. It used to work perfectly but then all of a sudden stopped working... I noticed that wehen adding the file, under file type it says "detecting file type" instead of the appropriate file type. But even if I determine the correct file type manually, it does not work.

Radioajo, how did you solve the Problem??

Does anyone else have an idea?

I am gratefu
... See more
Hello!

I have the same Problem, although not with my first project in MultiTerm Extract. It used to work perfectly but then all of a sudden stopped working... I noticed that wehen adding the file, under file type it says "detecting file type" instead of the appropriate file type. But even if I determine the correct file type manually, it does not work.

Radioajo, how did you solve the Problem??

Does anyone else have an idea?

I am grateful for any help at all!

Eva
Collapse

Miguel Ríos
Miguel Ríos
Mexico
Local time: 20:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No joy yet Jan 21, 2016

Hi Eva,

I am again trying to make the thing work, but so far the status is the same as before... 11 minutes and the progress bar is still on 0%, "reading files"

How about you?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Extract just keeps reading file forever

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »