.sdlxliff compare tool suggestions?
Thread poster: Cecilia Yalangozian
Cecilia Yalangozian
Cecilia Yalangozian
Local time: 06:51
English to Spanish
May 28, 2015

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for a tool to compare two versions of the same .sdlxliff file. I am doing a revision and I would like to show the linguist the changes I've made in his translation.
I used to rely on the app SDLXLIFF Compare for this, but it isn't working on SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP1.
I tried Post-Edit Compare, but it seems too complex for the simple process I need.
I also tried with Change Tracker, but it doesn't show when the segment is a fuzzy or a 100
... See more
Hi everybody!

I'm looking for a tool to compare two versions of the same .sdlxliff file. I am doing a revision and I would like to show the linguist the changes I've made in his translation.
I used to rely on the app SDLXLIFF Compare for this, but it isn't working on SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP1.
I tried Post-Edit Compare, but it seems too complex for the simple process I need.
I also tried with Change Tracker, but it doesn't show when the segment is a fuzzy or a 100% match. I really really need that info in the report.

Can you please suggest another tool I may be able to use to compare files?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cecilia
Collapse

Richard Lackey (X)
Richard Lackey (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Try re-installing Compare May 29, 2015

Hi Cecilia,

SDLXLIFF Compare should still work. I use Studio 2014 SP2 and it works fine, but in fact the Compare programme opens separately anyway. Perhaps you could try re-installing the Compare programme to see if that works?

Cecilia Yalangozian
Cecilia Yalangozian
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 29, 2015

Thanks, Richard!
Your answer got me thinking and I realised that this problem started when I got my PC reinstalled with just SDL Trados Studio 2014 -and not 2011. Apparently, I need 2011 too for the app to work. I have just tried the app in a different PC that has both versions of Studio and it worked just fine --with the same files that didn't compare in my PC!
Thanks a lot for taking the time to give me an answer.... See more
Thanks, Richard!
Your answer got me thinking and I realised that this problem started when I got my PC reinstalled with just SDL Trados Studio 2014 -and not 2011. Apparently, I need 2011 too for the app to work. I have just tried the app in a different PC that has both versions of Studio and it worked just fine --with the same files that didn't compare in my PC!
Thanks a lot for taking the time to give me an answer.
Kind regards,

Cecilia
Collapse

Richard Lackey (X)
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Good to hear! May 29, 2015

It's an excellent tool and I'm glad you got it working again!

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 10:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
only in Studio 2011 or 2009 May 30, 2015

Cecilia Yalangozian wrote:
Apparently, I need 2011 too for the app to work.
Cecilia

You're right, the actual version of SDLXLIFF Compare (1.0.0.25) only works in Studio 2011 or 2009.

Missing it terribly with my Studio 2014…

... Jesús Prieto ...

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:51
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Works perfectly on Studio 2014 May 30, 2015

I have an even older version (1.0.0.19), and it works perfectly well with Studio 2014 SP2.

Richard Lackey (X)
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Install 2011 too! May 30, 2015

NeoAtlas wrote:

Cecilia Yalangozian wrote:
Apparently, I need 2011 too for the app to work.
Cecilia

You're right, the actual version of SDLXLIFF Compare (1.0.0.25) only works in Studio 2011 or 2009.

Missing it terribly with my Studio 2014…

... Jesús Prieto ...

Jesús, you can install Studio 2011 and Studio 2014 on the same computer using the same single licence you use for Studio 2014. I have both installed, which is great in case you have a problem with 2014.

Cecilia Yalangozian
Cecilia Yalangozian
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Richard is right! Jun 1, 2015

As Richard said, you should install 2011 too in your computer. SDLXLIFF Compare is not the only app that works with previous versions of Studio. With both versions, you can access more of the wonders provided by Open Exchange. I currently am!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.sdlxliff compare tool suggestions?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »