JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:17
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
May 28, 2015

Today, most of the time - but not every time - when I try to update my TMs (either in Swedish or French) I get the following message:

An error occurred when updating the translation memory for language pair...

The error was “An unspecified error occurred...”

I've restarted Studio, I've discarded the TM and used the one I saved during my backup last night, and I've also created a new TM from scratch and imported the terms.

But - as one might
... See more
Today, most of the time - but not every time - when I try to update my TMs (either in Swedish or French) I get the following message:

An error occurred when updating the translation memory for language pair...

The error was “An unspecified error occurred...”

I've restarted Studio, I've discarded the TM and used the one I saved during my backup last night, and I've also created a new TM from scratch and imported the terms.

But - as one might expect given that this is happening in two different TMs with different language pairs - the fault doesn't lie with the TM.

It must be somewhere, somehow in Studio. Anyone got any bright ideas?

TIA

Jane
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
It is a known issue May 29, 2015

Jane

This is a known issue in some cases. One of them is related to server-based TMs, which have pick-list fields with a high number of values.

To know exactly what is causing the issue in your case, we need to analyze this in detail, this is why I suggest you submit a support ticket to SDL.

Walter

JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not a server-related issue May 29, 2015

Hi Walter,

I'm not using a server-based TM, just my normal local TMs.

And I don't have a support agreement, so I can't - as far as I know - submit a support ticket?

JaneD
JaneD  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed it, I think Jun 2, 2015

In the end I've uninstalled Trados Studio and Multiterm completely and reinstalled from scratch and now I can update my TMs without problem.

However, I've not applied SP2, as it was since then that I had the problem. It may not be related, of course!

Luca Vaccari
Luca Vaccari  Identity Verified
Italy
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
Same problem here, only local TM's Jun 30, 2015

Same error message. TM's are updated, but annoying with such a message.
SP2 is installed. Problem only shows up in my "old" XP machine. Other machines with SP2 in the same office and running on same TM (stored in our local server) do not have this problem.

Problem has started showing up during last week, and not for all TM's, but most of them. Update to SP2 was done some weeks ago, so it's not really time-matching.

I could possibly try Jane's solution = reinstall
... See more
Same error message. TM's are updated, but annoying with such a message.
SP2 is installed. Problem only shows up in my "old" XP machine. Other machines with SP2 in the same office and running on same TM (stored in our local server) do not have this problem.

Problem has started showing up during last week, and not for all TM's, but most of them. Update to SP2 was done some weeks ago, so it's not really time-matching.

I could possibly try Jane's solution = reinstall the whole thing, but I'd rather not loose all my customized options (mainly keyboard shortcuts). Is there a way to save them before redoing the whole thing?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"An unspecified error occurred..." when updating TMs

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »