Wa'ad Younane
Wa'ad Younane
Lebanon
Local time: 01:28
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 30, 2015

Hi there,
I am new to SDL trados, and i have created a project following the instructions in numerous instruction videos.

Whenever i add a new file to the project, the "Open for translation" button remains grey and i am unable to open the file to start translating. Nothing useful online.

Please help as I have so little time to deliver and this has taken up a lot of my time with no avail.

Thank you
Wa'ad

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:28
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Adding new files to a project Jun 30, 2015

I'm not sure if you've managed to open any files for translation. If you haven't, try following these step-by-step instructions:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2014/01/01/first_file/

If you have, and you simply want to add a new file to a project, add the file in your source language list, right click it, select batch tasks>prepare without proje
... See more
I'm not sure if you've managed to open any files for translation. If you haven't, try following these step-by-step instructions:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2014/01/01/first_file/

If you have, and you simply want to add a new file to a project, add the file in your source language list, right click it, select batch tasks>prepare without project TM and follow the wizard.
After you have processed your new file, switch to the target language list and you will be open the file for translation.
Collapse

Hoang Bao Lan
Hoang Bao Lan  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 12:28
Member (2017)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
The temporary solution for the problem Jun 30, 2015

I used to be in the same problem with my Trados 2014.

And found the way to deal with is that after you click the button "batch tasks"-> follows the instructions and options -> just close the Trados window -> then, open it again, go to the project you plan to translate -> the button "Open For Translation" would be able to use now.

Hope it works.

Best,

Lan

Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:28
English to Russian
Did you switch to your target language? Jun 30, 2015

It looks like you have forgotten to switch to your target language (check the language as shown to the left of your file list in the "Files" window).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open for translation in SDL Trados 2014

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »