Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >
SDL Trados Studio 2015 has arrived! Your Studio, your way.
Thread poster: SDL_Dan
RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:16
English
Who are you? Jul 1, 2015

Dmitriy Vysotskyy wrote:
Completely agree with Natalie's concerns. No licence in my account! And the support team just ignores all help requests.

Hi Dmitriy,

I thought I'd check this for you, but can't find you in our system. If you drop me an email ([email protected]) with your registered details I'll gladly check this for you. I doubt anyone is ignoring you... at least not deliberately!

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Not sure... Jul 1, 2015

Konat wrote:

Still no keyboard shortcut can be assigned to QuickInsert Apply Highlight Colour...?
Still project files can not be merged outside the project create wizard ?
No license on my account either (the wheell pertpetually spinning).

Doh!

... these things were ever promised! I'm disappointed not to see even more functionality on the quickinserts wrt customisation, but this will come. The changes here to allow the customisation that is possible are pretty big and we just ran out of time before our scheduled release date to add even more. So I'm hopeful we will see further capabilities around user customisation that will allow you what you want.

On merging Projects files.... I take it you mean merging more than one Project together? This was never a promise or even something on our agenda. If you mean files within a Project then this has ben possible for a while. Maybe you can clarify what you're lookinbg for here?

On your licence... drop me an email because I have no idea who you are and I'll happily check for you ([email protected])

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Generally... Jul 1, 2015

igaapp wrote:

Hello guys.

I've just downloaded and activated my Studio 2015.

However, I thought it would upgrade from 2014 to 2015 and automatically retrieve all my projects, TMs, i.e., my whole profile to the new version.

It didn't happen and. My Studio 2015 is totally blank and since I have many ongoing projects in 2014, It will take some annoying time to mannually reopen each one of them in 2015.

Is there any "Import" function? It would sound so obvious to me, but I can't find that option.

Many thanks for your help!

Ignacio

Brazil.

... most users would finish existing projects before starting work on them in a new version of the software. Studio 2015 is completely separate so you can run both versions (as long as you don't return your 2014 licence, or if you purchased an aditional licence instead if upgrading) until you are happy working in only 2015.

So the process is to open the sdlproj files in Studio 2015 and they will be added to the Projects List.

I agree with you that a migration tool would be useful for anyone who wanted to immediately do everything in Studio 2015... maybe a good idea for an OpenExchange app until something like this apears in the core product.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:16
Finnish to French
29 days left to fix missing license Jul 1, 2015

Dmitriy Vysotskyy wrote:
No licence in my account!

No Studio 2015 license in my account either, but SDL still has 29 days to fix the problem.

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
Web Lookup for Studio 2015 Jul 1, 2015

I have been using this in Studio 2014 and have found it to be very useful, saves an enormous amount of time. How can I integrate this into Studio 2015?

wingman328
wingman328
Hong Kong
English to Chinese
+ ...
"Update from Reviewed Target File" does not work? Jul 1, 2015

I have updated to Trados 2015.

I tried to update a file with the "Update from Reviewed Target File" Function. However, after I saved and imported the changes, the bilingual file shown in the Editor Mode has not changed at all. I searched in the TM and saw that the content was not changed.

May I know how I should correctly update the TM from the reviewed target file? Thank you.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Studio 2015 product brief Jul 1, 2015

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

Why do I need to register to read the product brief to find out what's new?

I already have an SDL account and don't want to register again. The product brief should be freely available to me.

Piotr

Exactly so, I also find this at least ...strange. I am logged in into my account but I am requested to register just to see the product brief! Why should I register again just to see what is new in the product I have already bought??

[Edited at 2015-07-01 07:36 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Perhaps this will help everyone Jul 1, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Dmitriy Vysotskyy wrote:
No licence in my account!

No Studio 2015 license in my account either, but SDL still has 29 days to fix the problem.

If you upgraded then you have to process the upgrade because this will replace your 2014 license with the 2015 license:

If you purchase a completely new license then you will already see it in your account.

So the advice would be DO NOT RETURN your 2014 license from your computer if you are upgrading. This way you can run them in parallel until you are happy with the new version and want to run all your work through it.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Merging Jul 1, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

Konat wrote:

On merging Projects files.... I take it you mean merging more than one Project together? This was never a promise or even something on our agenda. If you mean files within a Project then this has ben possible for a while. Maybe you can clarify what you're lookinbg for here?

Dear Paul,

I think what Konat means is that files can only be merged during the setup of a project. If you get an additional file later, you can't merge it into an existing project sdlxliff. Would be nice if we could. Not exactly a deal breaker, but anyway.

Regards,
Erik

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
You can only do this... Jul 1, 2015

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth wrote:

I have been using this in Studio 2014 and have found it to be very useful, saves an enormous amount of time. How can I integrate this into Studio 2015?

... when the developer releases a new version. The plugins have to be recompiled using .NET 4.5.2 so they work properly with Studio 2015. I imagine this will happen soon for all the apps, but as the openexchange developers all have day jobs they may not have had the time to upgrade yet.

Many are done and if you check the apps you want ono the OpenExchange they will tell you whether they are 2015 ready or not.

Also note that AnyTM, Symbols, MT AutoSuggest and Bookmarks are now integrated into Studio 2015 so you don't need the apps.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Angela Malik
Angela Malik  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:16
German to English
+ ...
You can "merge" files after project setup -- since 2014 Jul 1, 2015

Erik Freitag wrote:

SDL Community wrote:

Konat wrote:

Dear Paul,

I think what Konat means is that files can only be merged during the setup of a project. If you get an additional file later, you can't merge it into an existing project sdlxliff. Would be nice if we could. Not exactly a deal breaker, but anyway.

Regards,
Erik

You can't merge it and convert it into a single SDLXLIFF, but you CAN merge it for all intents and purposes in the Studio interface -- this has been available since Studio 2014. You simply select the files you wish to "merge" and then open for translation (or review or whatever) and they open as a single merged file in the Editor view. Of course they are not actually merged into a single file in the folder system, but they are merged for the purposes of working in a single document as opposed to having to open every individual file separately. I hope that made sense.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
ok - understood Jul 1, 2015

Erik Freitag wrote:

You can merge them virtually after the event of course, but not merge them into a single sdlxliff. This would be tricky because we are dealing with files and not a database, so I think having to reprocess all the files together would be inevitable if you want one sdlxliff to share around as opposed to being able to use the virtual merge. But maybe this could be at least automated a bit... perhaps.

Is this really something people would wish for? The biggest usecase for me here would be when you share the sdlxliff with users of another tool rather than Studio. Is there another one? Although some tools would allow you to merge the sdlxliff files in another tool too, so I'm struggling with the value of this effort?

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Konat
Konat
English to Polish
+ ...
promised functionality Jul 1, 2015

[quote]SDL Community wrote:

Konat wrote:
... these things were ever promised! I'm disappointed not to see even more functionality on the quickinserts wrt customisation, but this will come. The changes here to allow the customisation that is possible are pretty big and we just ran out of time before our scheduled release date to add even more.
Regards
Paul
SDL Community Support

Regarding SDL promises:
It seems we have indeed broken the ability to set keyboard shortcuts for QuickInserts with the final build of SP2. The addition of more built-in Quick Inserts for BiDi users and highlighting has also "pushed" any existing ones you had off the list. This will be fixed in a future cumulative update to SP2.

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/229271-sdl_trados_studio_2011_sp_2_unable_to_ascribe_quicktag_buttons.html#1987528

You just can't merge after the event. This will be changed in a later release, but for the time being you can only merge all the file when the project is created.

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/235421-studio_2011_merging_files_in_an_existing_project.html#2035298

As for the workaround with selecting multiple files in project view to open them all at once in the editor -This is exactly what I need, but I just don't want to select individual files every time I am reopening the editor. Since the baseline functionality is there, why not implement the merging functionality. I still have an unresolved issue with trados 2014 randomly hanging up when splitting/merging TUs, so reopening files in editor is something I'm sometimes forced to do frequently.

I agree these are not big issues, but their solutions were promised indeed quite some time ago and I have been patiently waiting...

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
I'd use it Jul 1, 2015

SDL Community wrote:

Is this really something people would wish for? The biggest usecase for me here would be when you share the sdlxliff with users of another tool rather than Studio. Is there another one? Although some tools would allow you to merge the sdlxliff files in another tool too, so I'm struggling with the value of this effort?

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

I'd certainly use it, because I use the external review function for checking my translations in Word, where I have a third-party spelling and grammar checker that is far superior to what Studio offers.

Use case: In a project consisting of several files, I merge them into a single sdlxliff, which means I have single file to check in Word. The spelling check has its own "autopropagate" function (in fact, a simple "change all occurrences" option), which I can't make use of when I have to check individual files. Also, I can do away with multiple open/save commands.

As I said, would be nice, but not a real deal breaker.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
I guess... Jul 1, 2015

Erik Freitag wrote:

Use case: In a project consisting of several files, I merge them into a single sdlxliff, which means I have single file to check in Word. The spelling check has its own "autopropagate" function (in fact, a simple "change all occurrences" option), which I can't make use of when I have to check individual files. Also, I can do away with multiple open/save commands.

As I said, would be nice, but not a real deal breaker.

... one workaround might be this, depends which is quicker I suppose.

- use the sdlxliff toolkit to create a single sdlxliff of all files
- do your check with that using the export for external review
- use translate to fuzzy to apply the changes from your TM

So slightly different, and the way you work now might be faster with several exports for review, so just an idea.

On your preferred grammar checker, I'm going to hazard a guess you use Duden something or other, but maybe there is an opportunity for that provider to create a verification plugin for Studio that uses their checker? Might be worth asking the question, especially if it's popular amongst translators. A free plugin to Studio could generate more sales of their application.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2015 has arrived! Your Studio, your way.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »