Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >
SDL Trados Studio 2015 has arrived! Your Studio, your way.
Thread poster: SDL_Dan
RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:57
English
One other suggestion... Jul 3, 2015

... is to continue using the 2014 version of the MT maintenance app until we release the fixed one. If you already had this workinig with 2014 it'll still work. The 2015 version is a necessity for anyone using 2015 only because of the changes to the .NET version, but if you have 2014 still installed you can use the old one.

Regards... See more
... is to continue using the 2014 version of the MT maintenance app until we release the fixed one. If you already had this workinig with 2014 it'll still work. The 2015 version is a necessity for anyone using 2015 only because of the changes to the .NET version, but if you have 2014 still installed you can use the old one.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support
Collapse

RHaeusermann
RHaeusermann  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:57
Member (2012)
German to English
+ ...
Still no preview in Word 2013 Jul 3, 2015

I'm extremely disappointed that the preview still doesn't work with 2013. Not only that, but after attempting this, Trados had an error and the only way to close the program was to force-quit. Horrible first impression on top of the glaring white color.

Here's the error:

SDLErrorDetails time="7/3/2015 8:49:25 AM">
ErrorMessage>Cannot set the active view to a view that is disabled or not available.
Exception>
Type>System.ArgumentExceptio
... See more
I'm extremely disappointed that the preview still doesn't work with 2013. Not only that, but after attempting this, Trados had an error and the only way to close the program was to force-quit. Horrible first impression on top of the glaring white color.

Here's the error:

SDLErrorDetails time="7/3/2015 8:49:25 AM">
ErrorMessage>Cannot set the active view to a view that is disabled or not available.
Exception>
Type>System.ArgumentException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
ParamName />
HelpLink />
Source>Sdl.Desktop.Platform
HResult>-2147024809
StackTrace>/StackTrace>
/Exception>

[Edited at 2015-07-03 15:58 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-07-03 15:58 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-07-03 20:47 GMT]
Collapse

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Questions about running Studio 2015 Starter Jul 3, 2015

Hey, hello, SDL Community,

I have two separate accounts, one of them containing a licence for Studio 2014 Starter, which I got for free at the Proz Conference in September, and one with Studio 2014 Freelance Plus, which I brought later. I now use the second one, Starter being installed on another computer.

Today, I was nicely surprised with a message in my mailbox, that I am being given, again for free, a Studio 2015 Starter licence valid for the remaining few months of
... See more
Hey, hello, SDL Community,

I have two separate accounts, one of them containing a licence for Studio 2014 Starter, which I got for free at the Proz Conference in September, and one with Studio 2014 Freelance Plus, which I brought later. I now use the second one, Starter being installed on another computer.

Today, I was nicely surprised with a message in my mailbox, that I am being given, again for free, a Studio 2015 Starter licence valid for the remaining few months of my previous licence. I am curious and would gladly have a look at this new version, although for the time being I don't plan to purchase a Freelance licence. So my questions are:

- Do I have to deactivate the licence of Studio 2014 Starter from the other computer in order to be able to install 2015 on the one I use regularly? It seems to me that 2015 is independent from 2014 (a new licence, not an upgrade?)

- More importantly: can I install a 2015 Starter version alongside the 2014 Freelance, and will the latter be affected in any way if I then deinstall the 2015 Starter?

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Windows 10 Jul 5, 2015

"Can I still keep my previous version?"

SDL answered:

"FREELANCE VERSION
-you can continue using Studio 2014 Freelance in parallel with Studio 2015 for as long as it is active on your computer
-you will not be able to de-activate / reactivate / move the Studio 2014 license to another computer because it’s no longer available in your acount"

Now I am curious, does an upgrade to Windows 10 means I will loose the possibility to use both v
... See more

SDL answered:

"FREELANCE VERSION
-you can continue using Studio 2014 Freelance in parallel with Studio 2015 for as long as it is active on your computer
-you will not be able to de-activate / reactivate / move the Studio 2014 license to another computer because it’s no longer available in your acount"

Now I am curious, does an upgrade to Windows 10 means I will loose the possibility to use both versions (2014 and 2015) on my computer?
Collapse

Anna Davies
Anna Davies  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance (+ 2015) + Training + SDL AutoSuggest Creator Only €495 Jul 5, 2015

SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance (+ 2015) + Training + SDL AutoSuggest Creator Only €495

The speak about 2015 version, but they didn't add it was a 2015 studio starter one!

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:57
Finnish to French
Really? Jul 5, 2015

Anna Davies wrote:
SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance (+ 2015) + Training + SDL AutoSuggest Creator Only €495
The speak about 2015 version, but they didn't add it was a 2015 studio starter one!

When did you buy this bundle and what makes you think 2015 is the Starter edition?

Anna Davies
France
English to French
+ ...
SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance (+ 2015) + Training + SDL AutoSuggest Creator Only €495 Jul 5, 2015

Yes, few weeks ago.
I heard that if you download new, it will remove 2014 Freelance studio, and someone said it removed the licence for 2014.
I didn't try to download it. I can try with another PC.
And I know it, because my licence key is named: SDL Trados Studio 2015 Starter

[Edited at 2015-07-05 21:52 GMT]

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:57
Finnish to French
Must be a mistake Jul 6, 2015

Anna Davies wrote:
Yes, few weeks ago.
I heard that if you download new, it will remove 2014 Freelance studio, and someone said it removed the licence for 2014.
I didn't try to download it. I can try with another PC.
And I know it, because my licence key is named: SDL Trados Studio 2015 Starter

Have you contacted SDL about this? It would be weird to let you have Freelance 2014 for a short time and replace it with Starter 2015.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
2015 apparently removes possibility of moving 2014 to new pc. Jul 6, 2015

Robert Rietvelt wrote:
SDL answered:
"FREELANCE VERSION

Now I am curious, does an upgrade to Windows 10 means I will loose the possibility to use both versions (2014 and 2015) on my computer?

If you install Windows 10 as a clean installation my understanding is that you lose 2014. If you only upgrade, though, I would expect you to be able to keep 2014, as an upgrade should mean you still can use the programs that are already installed.

I cannot guarantee this, though, since if you have to reactivate a program to have it run, you apparently lose that option when upgrading to 2015.

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:57
English to Arabic
SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance (+ 2015) + Training + SDL AutoSuggest Creator Only €495 5 Jul Jul 6, 2015

Hi Anna,

After checking your account I can see there are indeed TWO license purchases on your account-
Starter and Freelance.
The Starter license was purchased in March 2015 (valid through to March 2016) and therefore you received the STARTER 2015 upgrade valid for the remaining period of the subscription.
Later on in June, you purchased a new Studio 2014 Freelance license (perpetual) license which included the upgrade to 2015 as part of the pre-launch offer.
... See more
Hi Anna,

After checking your account I can see there are indeed TWO license purchases on your account-
Starter and Freelance.
The Starter license was purchased in March 2015 (valid through to March 2016) and therefore you received the STARTER 2015 upgrade valid for the remaining period of the subscription.
Later on in June, you purchased a new Studio 2014 Freelance license (perpetual) license which included the upgrade to 2015 as part of the pre-launch offer.
The account currently shows both the Starter and Freelance versions as being currently active.
PLEASE NOTE - Both Starter and Freelance will have different activation codes.
When upgrading from a previous version, you must process the upgrade via your account.
If you wish to retain the previous version (2014), please do not return via your software itself (and only via your SDL account)-
Any migration to a different PC would render the previous (2014/2011/2009) inactive and you would only be able to use the new version (2015).

Kr

Steve
Collapse

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
It depends on which OS you now have Jul 6, 2015

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

SDL answered:

"FREELANCE VERSION

Hi Robert,

If you are currently running Windows 8 or 8.1 then an upgrade to Windows 10 should not affect 2014, as you will not have to reinstall any of the software. 2014 will not run after the software has been newly installed on a new computer or an OS upgrade from W7/Vista/XP. When I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 I encounted no software re-installation or activation problems and my computer supplier tells me that it will be the same with an upgrade from W8 to W10.

However if you are running Windows 7 or a previous OS you will have to reinstall all of your software again and reactivate all of the licences (regardless of it's SDL or Office, etc.) and that will mean you can no longer use Studio 2014.

Regards,
Ben

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Something to take into account Jul 6, 2015

Ben Senior wrote:

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

SDL answered:

"FREELANCE VERSION

Hi Robert,

If you are currently running Windows 8 or 8.1 then an upgrade to Windows 10 should not affect 2014, as you will not have to reinstall any of the software. 2014 will not run after the software has been newly installed on a new computer or an OS upgrade from W7/Vista/XP. When I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 I encounted no software re-installation or activation problems and my computer supplier tells me that it will be the same with an upgrade from W8 to W10.

However if you are running Windows 7 or a previous OS you will have to reinstall all of your software again and reactivate all of the licences (regardless of it's SDL or Office, etc.) and that will mean you can no longer use Studio 2014.

Regards,
Ben

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the info.

Actually I am running 8.1 on my laptop, 7 Pro on my desktop and XP as a virtual machine on my Linux laptop. So, good to know.

By the way, I didn't know XP was also eligible for an upgrade.

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Who said XP? Jul 6, 2015

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

By the way, I didn't know XP was also eligible for an upgrade.

It isn't. I just making the point between the current windows upgrades and the previous ones. I suppose I could have include W98 etc

Regards
Ben

Anna Davies
France
English to French
+ ...
After upgrading from Studio 2014/2011 to Studio 2015, your original license will be removed Jul 7, 2015

Attention read this:

Studio 2015 uses a new type of activation code. After upgrading from Studio 2014/2011
to Studio 2015, your original license will be automatically removed from your account.
To continue using an older version, you should consider purchasing a full license instead of
an upgrade. And this is how they get you!

If you have a Studio Freelance Edition, you can continue to use Studio 2014/2011
alongside Studio 2015 on the same machin
... See more
Attention read this:

Studio 2015 uses a new type of activation code. After upgrading from Studio 2014/2011
to Studio 2015, your original license will be automatically removed from your account.
To continue using an older version, you should consider purchasing a full license instead of
an upgrade. And this is how they get you!

If you have a Studio Freelance Edition, you can continue to use Studio 2014/2011
alongside Studio 2015 on the same machine until you deactivate the older product's
license.
If you want to try Studio 2015 side-by-side with Studio 2014/2011, you can use the
30-day trial that is available in Studio 2015

[Edited at 2015-07-07 00:29 GMT]
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Please post only once and solve the problem through SDL support
Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2015 has arrived! Your Studio, your way.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »