Automated Translation going directly to Target column (how to reactivate this?)
Thread poster: Ignacio C.
Ignacio C.
Ignacio C.  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:17
Member (2016)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 1, 2015

Hi Guys.

I've just upgraded to the Studio 2015.

In my previous version (2014), when I used to enable the Google Translate tool, the AT provided for one string would go directly to my target column if there was no better choice in my current TM.
However, in this Studio 2015, the AT are not being automatically sent to the target column. Instead, it is only in the separated window as an option and then I have to apply that.

I have been taking me such a t
... See more
Hi Guys.

I've just upgraded to the Studio 2015.

In my previous version (2014), when I used to enable the Google Translate tool, the AT provided for one string would go directly to my target column if there was no better choice in my current TM.
However, in this Studio 2015, the AT are not being automatically sent to the target column. Instead, it is only in the separated window as an option and then I have to apply that.

I have been taking me such a time and it's a bit annoying.
Could you guys please help me to enable that automatic option?

PS: I'm not talking about the "pre-translate" option, in which 100% of the text is automatic translated at once.
I am using the AT string by string.

Thanks!

Ignacio
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 03:17
French to German
+ ...
Probably a result of AutoSuggest 2.0 Jul 1, 2015

Ignacio

When you say that the results appear in a separate window, how does this window look? Do you see the results appearing like AutoSuggest suggestions?
If yes, then this is due to the new AutoSuggest 2.0 feature of Studio 2015. Autosuggest 2.0 now does not only show suggestions from the AutoSuggest dictionary and the termbase, but also from your TMs and from an machine translation provider that you have configured.
This has the advantage that you get more suggestion
... See more
Ignacio

When you say that the results appear in a separate window, how does this window look? Do you see the results appearing like AutoSuggest suggestions?
If yes, then this is due to the new AutoSuggest 2.0 feature of Studio 2015. Autosuggest 2.0 now does not only show suggestions from the AutoSuggest dictionary and the termbase, but also from your TMs and from an machine translation provider that you have configured.
This has the advantage that you get more suggestions and instead of entire sentences you get fragments, which in many cases is more useful than the translation of the entire sentence.

If you don^t like this behaviour, you can go to "File - Options - AutoSuggest" and disable the "Machine translation" providers.

I suggest however that you play around with this a bit first to find out what suits you best before you do this. As I mentioned, the new feature is often a better choice than to simply get the entire sentence translated (because often it will prevent rearranging parts of the suggested sentence).

Walter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automated Translation going directly to Target column (how to reactivate this?)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »