Thread poster: Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:02
Member (2015)
German to English
Jul 5, 2015

Is anybody else having trouble distinguishing between these two?

I can see that a tick is added when the segment has been translated but I'm finding it very hard to spot clearly amongst a lot of one line segments when some have already been pre-translated.

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2014)
English to German
Filter Jul 6, 2015

You can easily filter the status, so you can choose to be shown only segments, that are translated etc. Then it is very clearly structured and helpful.

Piero Intonti
Piero Intonti  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Filters in the review tab Jul 6, 2015

Hello!
You can enjoy yourself going to the "review" tab and (just on the middle-right) and applying the right filter(s) in the source segments and in the target segments.

By.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 09:02
Spanish
+ ...
Ctrl+Down and Alt+Down Jul 6, 2015

Hi Andrea. One way to make out which segments are Translated and which are Drafts is navigating through your document.

When I translate I use 2 particular shortcuts a lot: Ctrl+Down and Alt+Down.

Ctrl+Down
In the description, it says 'move to next segment' or something like that. It should say 'move to next untranslated segment because that's what it does. That way, using the keyboard, you can jump straight to these segments.

... See more
Hi Andrea. One way to make out which segments are Translated and which are Drafts is navigating through your document.

When I translate I use 2 particular shortcuts a lot: Ctrl+Down and Alt+Down.

Ctrl+Down
In the description, it says 'move to next segment' or something like that. It should say 'move to next untranslated segment because that's what it does. That way, using the keyboard, you can jump straight to these segments.

Alt+Down
I also use this shortcut a lot because sometimes I just want to go from one segment to the next, regardless of its status. This shortcut scrolls the text down (BUT NOT THE FOCUS) one segment at a time.

This solution helps if you just want to see those segments without having to filter out other segments.

Good luck,

Claudia Alvis

PS. To SDL: I hadn't noticed but the descriptions for both shortcuts are incorrect, or at least no completely accurate.

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth wrote:

I can see that a tick is added when the segment has been translated but I'm finding it very hard to spot clearly amongst a lot of one line segments when some have already been pre-translated.
Collapse

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Claudia Jul 7, 2015

helpful shortcuts there.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Distinguishing status icons in 2015 Jul 7, 2015

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth wrote:

I agree that the difference between the draft and translated status icons doesn't seem as clear as before:

However, I think you may get used to it in a few days. I now actually prefer the clarity of the new interface and its icons. In comparison, 2014's "fat crayon" icons now seem quite obtrusive to me.

But I do agree that it takes a bit of getting used to.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Differences between Segment Status Draft and Translated

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »