Marie_Pribylova
Marie_Pribylova
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:47
English to Czech
+ ...
Jul 27, 2015

Hello everyone,

every time I try to create a new TM in Trados 2014, it says that "Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1", no matter whether I try to do this in the TM tab or via Alignment, both with and without having a document prepared for translation. This is a very recent problem but I can't think of anything I might have done wrong. Can someone tell me what to do or send me the link in case this has already been discussed here?

Thanks!

Govindarajan P.S.
Govindarajan P.S.
India
Local time: 13:17
French to English
+ ...
Visit this link and try the steps given there! Jul 29, 2015

Hi,

Please visit this below link and try the steps given:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/245347-sdl_trados_2011_tmx_file_importation_error_message.html

Try it and update us after checking!!!

Marie_Pribylova
Marie_Pribylova
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:47
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but I think this won't help :( Aug 11, 2015

Hi again!

Thanks for your comment Govindarajan! I checked but the problem is that I am not even trying to import anything. All I need to do is to create a completely new TM from scratch and it still says "Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1". And it says it no matter whether I first open a doc/project to translate and then create a TM, or just create a new TM.

Govindarajan P.S.
Govindarajan P.S.
India
Local time: 13:17
French to English
+ ...
This is XML problem! Aug 11, 2015

Hi,

This particular problem is caused because of XML tags during the memory creation.

Please check your VB (.dotnet) packs installed along with SDL Trados 2014.

Which operating system do you use?

Either installing VB (Visual basic) .dotnet packs or installing Service packs of OS should solve this problem.
Check these two things and reply on this site.

Note: I hope you will get free upgrade to Trados 2015 from Trados 2014 vers
... See more
Hi,

This particular problem is caused because of XML tags during the memory creation.

Please check your VB (.dotnet) packs installed along with SDL Trados 2014.

Which operating system do you use?

Either installing VB (Visual basic) .dotnet packs or installing Service packs of OS should solve this problem.
Check these two things and reply on this site.

Note: I hope you will get free upgrade to Trados 2015 from Trados 2014 version.

You can also mail me [email protected]

I will be happy to solve your Trados problem.

Regards,
Govindarajan.P.S.
India
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2014 won't create new TM

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »