Upgraded to Studio 2015 - Settings all disappeared, display tiny.
Thread poster: Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert
Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert
Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:39
English to German
Jul 28, 2015

One should assume that upgrading to Studio 2015 from 2014 would be at least as easy as upgrading elsewhere. However, all the settings are gone, and the display's script is tiny even though I have configured the display in Windows to 150%. Also my list of projects was not taken over.

Given the license migration that makes 2014 inaccessible, it is really user-unfriendly. It is a disappointment, and too expensive for that.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 13:39
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Try to change Font Adaptation in Options Jul 28, 2015

I think you want to change the Font Adaptation in Options:

File > Options > Editor > Font Adaptation

I have increased the setting to
Minimum font size: 14
Maximum font size: 20

You would have to experiment with the setting, of course, but this seems to suite me fine at least. The default settings are too tiny for my old eyes.

Roy

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
First things first Jul 28, 2015

You might find this blog post useful:
http://multifarious.filkin.com/2015/07/02/first-things-first/

Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert
Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:39
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Jul 28, 2015

Thank you, Roy and Emma, but my complaint was not that I do not know how to do it (I had exactly that setting in 2014, and put it into 2015), but the fact that I had to re-do all the settings, find my projects to re-list them in 2015, etc.

I do not understand why the installation does not provide you with the ability to keep your old settings, which you can do both with Wordfast, and with E-Mail program updates.

But thanks anyway!

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
2015 is installed alongside 2014, not on top of 2014 Jul 28, 2015

I think the reason is that 2015 is installed alongside 2014 without touching it, though you have a point that it should be possible for 2015 to look up the settings in 2014 and just copy them.

Roy

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:39
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
So soon! Jul 28, 2015

I guess I will not upgrade before 2016, so SDL can fix a lot of bugs that will be in the new software. It looks like they need the money so they did not wait 2-3 years (2011 - 2014) like last time. I really don't think I need any new features, if only the old bugs would be finally ironed out. That did not happen in any upgrades so far.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgraded to Studio 2015 - Settings all disappeared, display tiny.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »