IDI  Identity Verified
Albania
Local time: 09:19
Member (2013)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Jul 29, 2015

Hello,
Whenever I add language cloud it just gives me this message...Connection to language cloud failed

I use trados 2015 and my connection to internet is fine and my language cloud subscription is active...

anyone resolved this issue yet?

I could not find the fle Cornelia refers in her solution at:https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/4602

Thank you in advance for your response

Ammerins Moss-de Boer
Ammerins Moss-de Boer
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
Same problem Jul 30, 2015

Unfortunately, I can't help you, but I have the same problem since a few days. Active subscription, no connection... I can't find anything in the SDL knowledge base, and to submit a ticket on this issue, I'd have to buy a support subscription. Big fail.

Ammerins

Colin Smith
Colin Smith
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:19
French to English
+ ...
Me too Jul 30, 2015

Have the same problem - and am in the middle of a large translation that MT is handling brilliantly...

I guess that "It's not us, it's them.."

[Edited at 2015-07-30 08:03 GMT]

Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to German
I had this problem yesterday Jul 30, 2015

I am not a computer whizz and often try things by trail and error.

I recently deleted cookies and had to log in to several accounts that usually remembered me. While installing Studio 2015 I also hat to set up or connect to a Google account. After I signed into my Google account yesterday Language Cloud worked again.

Whether that was a coincidence, I am not sure. Language Cloud stopped working before, but that may have been my internet connection?

Also, I
... See more
I am not a computer whizz and often try things by trail and error.

I recently deleted cookies and had to log in to several accounts that usually remembered me. While installing Studio 2015 I also hat to set up or connect to a Google account. After I signed into my Google account yesterday Language Cloud worked again.

Whether that was a coincidence, I am not sure. Language Cloud stopped working before, but that may have been my internet connection?

Also, I don't seem to be able to add any other MT, except Google Translate and there is always some kind of error message in this field which makes me unsure which automated translation tool I am actually using.
Collapse

Colin Smith
Colin Smith
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
It worked Jul 30, 2015

IDI's solution above has worked for me (https://community.sdl.com/products-solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/4602)

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Language Cloud Support Jul 30, 2015

Hello

If you are having issues with SDL Language Cloud please go to:

https://languagecloud.sdl.com/

select "Help & Support"

and log a ticket there regarding this issue.

Please be aware that this site is for Language Cloud support only.

Thanks
SDL Community

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Connection to language cloud failed

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »