Lucy Williams
Lucy Williams  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:52
Spanish to English
Jul 30, 2015

Hello,

I wonder if someone can help me.

I use Trados 2014. An agency sent me a small sdlxliff file to translate. I created a file based TM to go with it and have translated it and confirmed all the segments. I tried to save the target file and I get this message:

Failed to save target content. There is no original file type associated with this file.

How can I fix it so I can save the target file?

Thanks,
Lucy

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Had this one on previous versions of Trados. Jul 30, 2015

What I did was running the original source file through the TM that was created once again and basically then you get a new, separate target file, then try saving this one.

I'm sure somebody has a more elegant solution, but this one worked for me.

Lucy Williams
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
New project Jul 30, 2015

I've just tried creating it as a new project (I only have the sdlxliff to work with from the client) and adding the TM so it prepopulates everything but I get the same thing again.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
No source, then no target Jul 30, 2015

Lucy Williams wrote:

An agency sent me a small sdlxliff file to translate.

If you start with a native source file, you can save a native target file.
If you start with an sdlxliff file, that's what you'll have to deliver. The agency should be able to produce the translated file.
Studio can't recreate a non-existent file by magic!

Lucy Williams
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
I see what you mean Jul 30, 2015

I've had sdlxliff files from other agencies but actually now that I look at them they have the .docx suffix and this one doesn't. I don't think I've used a file like this before actually except to proof read in Trados.
I wanted to save the target file as I wanted to proof in the original format (I had assumed it was Word).

Thanks for explaining.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"There is no original file type definition associated with this file"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »