Alessandra Martina Martines
Alessandra Martina Martines  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:38
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 3, 2015

Dear all,

I have received a project to be carried out in Trados Studio 2014 and for which I am supposed to use Multiterm.

I use Trados Studio 2014 (freelance version) and I can not open any of the files I was given for Multiterm and which have the following extensions:
.xdm
.xdt
.xml

Together with this files, I was also given a .wps file which I have never used before.

Could you please tell me how to open these files and use t
... See more
Dear all,

I have received a project to be carried out in Trados Studio 2014 and for which I am supposed to use Multiterm.

I use Trados Studio 2014 (freelance version) and I can not open any of the files I was given for Multiterm and which have the following extensions:
.xdm
.xdt
.xml

Together with this files, I was also given a .wps file which I have never used before.

Could you please tell me how to open these files and use them?
Thank you in advance.

Alessandra
Collapse

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 11:38
Spanish to German
+ ...
Creating Multiterm TB with xdt and xml file Aug 3, 2015

Hi Alessandra,
a xdt and a xml are used to create a termbase in Multiterm:
Under http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4682.html you can see how to do it.

A WPS file has three possible file associations, but is most likely a Microsoft Works Word Processor Document.
About xdm I could not find any conclusive information.

HTH
Liselotte
<
... See more
Hi Alessandra,
a xdt and a xml are used to create a termbase in Multiterm:
Under http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4682.html you can see how to do it.

A WPS file has three possible file associations, but is most likely a Microsoft Works Word Processor Document.
About xdm I could not find any conclusive information.

HTH
Liselotte

[Bearbeitet am 2015-08-03 17:19 GMT]
Collapse

Annette Heinrich
Annette Heinrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:38
Member (2009)
Dutch to German
+ ...
New link Sep 28, 2017

The link given by Liselotte doesn't work anymore, since the SDL knowledge base was moved.
If anyone comes across this post to solve this problem, here is the new link: See more
The link given by Liselotte doesn't work anymore, since the SDL knowledge base was moved.
If anyone comes across this post to solve this problem, here is the new link: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=How-to-create-a-termbase-from-a-termbase-definition-XDT-and-termbase-data-XML-file-in-SDL-MultiTerm

Greetings from France,
Annette
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2014: how to open file extensions .xdm, .xdt, .xml

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »