Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 21:49
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Aug 3, 2015

Dear All,

1. I have received a file for translation from a client for whom I have worked on several occasions in the past. The file is part of an on-going project, for which I created a dedicated TM and termbase 2 years ago, used and re-used them for each assignment. Again, the termbase was not sent to me by the client, it was created by me, so it is OK and tested.

2. I have Trados v2014 SP2 and Multiterm v2014 SP2 installed and fully updated.

3. Term recog
... See more
Dear All,

1. I have received a file for translation from a client for whom I have worked on several occasions in the past. The file is part of an on-going project, for which I created a dedicated TM and termbase 2 years ago, used and re-used them for each assignment. Again, the termbase was not sent to me by the client, it was created by me, so it is OK and tested.

2. I have Trados v2014 SP2 and Multiterm v2014 SP2 installed and fully updated.

3. Term recognition window in Studio's Editor shows "No results available.", but when I try to add the term, Studio informs me it is already there. So, terms are in the termbase, it is just that Studio does not recognize them.

4. Just to be clear:

- Term recognition window is on top.
- Source and Target languages are set correctly.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Pavel Tsvetkov
Collapse

Alexander Somin
Alexander Somin
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Just my guess Aug 3, 2015

Maybe your segment is too long? This bug is no more in Studio 2015. Or try to upload the TB anew. Another guess: is your font settings for the Term Recognition Window OK? Is the font size too large or something?

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
French to English
+ ...
Undefined termbase? Aug 4, 2015

Hi Pavel,

I recall having a similar issue as well.
Check the following:
In Project Settings / All Language Pairs / Termbases make sure that the correct termbases have been selected and that in the bottom table the Project Language has a defined Termbase Language index (e.g., Bulgarian (Bulgaria) ----Bulgarian). If it indicates (Not specified), change it as relevant. This is the problem.

If this doesn't work, reload the project.

HTH,
Sa
... See more
Hi Pavel,

I recall having a similar issue as well.
Check the following:
In Project Settings / All Language Pairs / Termbases make sure that the correct termbases have been selected and that in the bottom table the Project Language has a defined Termbase Language index (e.g., Bulgarian (Bulgaria) ----Bulgarian). If it indicates (Not specified), change it as relevant. This is the problem.

If this doesn't work, reload the project.

HTH,
Sandra
Collapse

Pavel Tsvetkov
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
No luck so far... Aug 4, 2015

Hi Alexander,

1. The segments are very short, 2-5 words each. 2. I have removed and then re-attached the TB, but it did not help. 3. Font size is 8.

Hi Sandra,

I have checked your suggestion, but the setting is correct, so the problem must be elsewhere.

_________

Thank you both for your suggestions! If anything else comes to mind, please, do not hesitate to post it here, as the problem persists.

Kind regards,
Pav
... See more
Hi Alexander,

1. The segments are very short, 2-5 words each. 2. I have removed and then re-attached the TB, but it did not help. 3. Font size is 8.

Hi Sandra,

I have checked your suggestion, but the setting is correct, so the problem must be elsewhere.

_________

Thank you both for your suggestions! If anything else comes to mind, please, do not hesitate to post it here, as the problem persists.

Kind regards,
Pavel
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:49
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Does search work? Aug 4, 2015

When you search for a term that Studio says exists in the termbase, does it appear?

Pavel Tsvetkov
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Yes Aug 4, 2015

Hi Emma,

Indeed, search works and returns TB hits according to the match criteria.

Best regards,
Pavel

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:49
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Other termbases? Aug 4, 2015

Hi Pavel,

Do other termbases work OK in Studio?

If so, I'd try reorganising your problem termbase or, as a last resort, creating a new termbase with the same content.
If you need instructions to do either of these, just let me know,

Emma

Pavel Tsvetkov
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
OK... Aug 4, 2015

Hi Emma,

Thank you for your comment.

1. Reorganizing the TB corrected the problem!
2. However this whole experience reminded me once again why I have stopped using Trados unless "absolutely necessary" (the client has specifically requested it—which happens less frequently these days). It is so unreliable and clumsy!

Best regards,
Pavel Tsvetkov

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term recognition not working in Trados v2014 SP2

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »