Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Local time: 18:26
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
Aug 4, 2015

Hi all,

I'd appreciate if IOS X users among you can suggest me a solution for the low resolution of the Trades Studio 2015 interface running under W7 and Parallels Desktop 10 in MacBook Pro.

TIA

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
No real solution, I'm afraid Aug 4, 2015

I've downloaded Studio 2015, but I've not installed it yet. In Studio 2014 the resolution is indeed a problem, at some points. Not on a MacBook Pro but on an iMac Retina. From your posting I understand that the resolution issue still exists in Studio 2015.

I'm afraid that this cannot be fixed a the moment. The more users complain here (and in SDL's ticket system), the more likely it is that they'll consider us Mac users in future releases.

For the time being I've migrat
... See more
I've downloaded Studio 2015, but I've not installed it yet. In Studio 2014 the resolution is indeed a problem, at some points. Not on a MacBook Pro but on an iMac Retina. From your posting I understand that the resolution issue still exists in Studio 2015.

I'm afraid that this cannot be fixed a the moment. The more users complain here (and in SDL's ticket system), the more likely it is that they'll consider us Mac users in future releases.

For the time being I've migrated my Parallels VM to VMware Fusion (a painless process), where I find support for Studio (running under Win 8.1) much better.

I have the feeling that SDL likes Macs, but they are just forgetting us:

[Edited at 2015-08-04 10:13 GMT]
Collapse

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
This? Aug 4, 2015

http://kb.parallels.com/en/114700

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
New tests Aug 4, 2015

Looks like I have to do some new tests. After the commercial break

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Slightly improved Aug 4, 2015

Thank you Joakim for you suggestions.
I followed the steps and have now a slightly improved Trades Studio interface on my McBook Pro Retina.

Jean-Marc (X)
Jean-Marc (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Same issues on PCs Mar 16, 2016

I meet the same resolution problems with Studio 2014 on my PC laptop displaying a 2880 x 1620 resolution, under Windows 8 as well as Windows 10. Of course, also with Multiterm. Just unconceivable from the leader on the market !
Have a nice day.

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:26
English to Arabic
Hi Definition screen resolution. Mar 17, 2016

Hi everyone.

We at SDL are indeed aware of the issue surrounding High Resolution screens and are looking at solutions for this.

SDL Studio was designed for optimal performance on screens with a standard resolution of 1280x1024 (which is explained on our website-System Requirements!).
However in recent months the sale of Hi Res screens has shot up as this new technology has come down in price-
meaning that as many as 2/3 times the number of pixels are being
... See more
Hi everyone.

We at SDL are indeed aware of the issue surrounding High Resolution screens and are looking at solutions for this.

SDL Studio was designed for optimal performance on screens with a standard resolution of 1280x1024 (which is explained on our website-System Requirements!).
However in recent months the sale of Hi Res screens has shot up as this new technology has come down in price-
meaning that as many as 2/3 times the number of pixels are being squeezed into the same physical size of screen.

Now however the pixels have been 'squeezed' rendering becomes problematic as obviously the smaller the pixel the smaller the 'test image'.
This is of course fantastic for video and gaming-
but not so optimal for text programs as the pixel size was predefined for optimal clarity.

There are a number of workarounds that you can try-
http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4959

We apologise for the inconvenience-
but will let you all know just as soon as we have a long term resolution no pun intended.

Kr
SDL_Steve
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Good news! Mar 17, 2016

SDL_Steve wrote:

Now however the pixels have been 'squeezed' rendering becomes problematic as obviously the smaller the pixel the smaller the 'test image'.
This is of course fantastic for video and gaming-
but not so optimal for text programs as the pixel size was predefined for optimal clarity.

Good news that the SDL developers will look into this!

About the use of hi-res screens for text programs:

My CAT tools runs at my 5K iMac, at the left-hand side I have a secondary screen (Apple Thunderbolt) with 'normal' resolution, for some glossaries, the PDF with the source, the constantly updated project statistics, some integrated dictionaries (van Dale etc.), all running in normal resolution.

All I can say is, that I'm glad that my main panes (the GUI of my CAT tool) is on the hi-res screen in crispy fonts.

Not a luxurious feature for me nowadays, but a real necessity for fun in translating.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resolution issue Trados Studio 2015 in MacBook Pro

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »